tyre pressure and dsh warning

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duetto

the tyres seem poor at keeping the pressure, often the tyre warning comes up at around 31 pressure, had rac out, said the style of wheels leek air easily, had tyres checked for slow punctures all ok.only six moths old 6K milage.

wondering if the odd pot hole or sunken drain is punching the air out of them too easily despite avoiding them where possibl or slowing down.

just wondered anyone else getting this problem

No, never had the warning come up - but then I'm still under 5k after 10 months and spent several months on Winter tyres.

I have after market TPMS and when driving on very rough roads at speed, the sensors would bring up warnings on the display unit. Possibly a function of the silicon pressure sensor responding to a severe bump. Never have a problem on a sealed road. Cold mornings have lowered the tyre pressures to below 28psi [my set pressure] and a warning comes up for that. Solution is to just inflate to a slightly higher pressure. Have passed 34000km now.

28 PSI is very low for such a heavy vehicle. No wonder your warning comes on. I have mine set to 40, most users run the car around 35. ( http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=479 ) I don't have the manual to hand right now, but I seem to recall something like 36 as the specified pressure for general use.
I may have to top up about every three months but two of those topups are related to swapping winter tyres. 50.000 Km till now.
If you run the car at any load and speed they will overheat and wear quickly.

I have checked mine twice in 7000 miles and had to add 1-2 psi to both offside wheels this time but otherwise no noticeable loss.

Done 10K, had no problems. Look at the plate fixed on the drivers door pillar. It shows the recommended pressures. Mine are at 38psi .

While on my recent Aussie road trip I had to run the tyre pressures down to 25psi in some sections. Car was literally skating over the rough road surface at the normal 36psi with literally no control at speeds above a crawl. Close to undriveable. Lower pressures in the tyres allowed a decent road speed. Probably would have shaken the car to bits without lowering the tyre pressures. Once back on black top, pressures were raised to 36psi. At least with an after market system you can just unplug and the warning is gone. Others had gone down to 15psi, but I was not comfortable doing this with the low profile tyres and alloy rims.

Back