Tyres on UK cars

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerHunter

Guys,

Which tyres come fitted as standard to the UK spec cars?
Are they some super fuel efficient, low rolling resistance / low noise jobs that are useless offroad?

Kev.

Mine came with the following, made in Japan, and I quote from Toyo UK:
225/55 R 18 98H Toyo R37 tires are Original Equipment for the Mitsubishi Outlander.

Mitsubishi Outlander is a car which is both refined to drive as well as highly versatile. Toyo R37 tires provide the necessary driving dynamics whilst also providing safe, dependable load carrying.

Tire choice was critical to achieve a mix of environmental improvement without compromise and Toyo R37 delivers.

PERFORMANCE RATINGS
E E Rolling Resistance
C C Wet Handling
69 69 dB Noise

Thanks for that.
They look to have been designed to be as quiet as possible above all else.
I'll have to go look for something more "aggressive" for offroad.

Kev.

I had the dealer fit A brand tyres from new. Conti CrossContact UHP. Not only for handling and grip but also for run-flat capability.
I run them at slightly higher pressure, 2.6.

Very happy.

jaapv said:
I had the dealer fit A brand tyres from new. Conti CrossContact UHP. Not only for handling and grip but also for run-flat capability.

Very happy.

That's interesting to hear. When we took the Outlander for a test drive I asked about fitting run-flat tyres given that you cannot carry a spare, and the dealer told me that Mitsubishi did not recommend it.

I did not fit the complete run-flat system, I found that too expensive. However some tyres are more resistant than others and these are advertised as such.

jaapv said:

Very happy.

How do you find them for noise? What about actually 'off-road'? Are they any good?

Outside they are noisier, inside there is little difference in noise. I have not used them off road but the profile looks pretty sturdy.

Back