UK Drivers earn £50-£100

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SolarBoy said:
The data logger I have is causing errors to pop up on the car dashboard, I have removed the logger and contacted the support.

No problems with mine, seems to be working fine and no errors appearing. What messages are you getting on the display ?

geoffshep69 said:
SolarBoy said:
The data logger I have is causing errors to pop up on the car dashboard, I have removed the logger and contacted the support.

No problems with mine, seems to be working fine and no errors appearing. What messages are you getting on the display ?

Have got 'Engine Check' light on the dashboard. Nice.

Was getting EV Service/ACC failure and other messages.

I have had similar messages on my dash. I strongly believe these were caused by a poorly implemented OBDII adapter. Something to do with 'to assertive retransmission' of packages that got lost after network collisions. At times the same adapter caused other issues, including total loss of power steering, which lasted until the car was restarted.

Of course this does not mean same could happen with this tool, but it can't hurt to be alert.

SolarBoy said:
U3FFF is one of the errors, it is a Network error according to Torque app.
Seems consistent with my findings. Network errors can cause all kinds of issues. Including disabling of systems that are considered no longer reliable.

anko said:
I have had similar messages on my dash. I strongly believe these were caused by a poorly implemented OBDII adapter. Something to do with 'to assertive retransmission' of packages that got lost after network collisions. At times the same adapter caused other issues, including total loss of power steering, which lasted until the car was restarted.

Of course this does not mean same could happen with this tool, but it can't hurt to be alert.

Third day of survey and my dashboard lit up tonight like an out-of-date Xmas tree - errors EV, TPMS, DBS, ASC & Power Steering, also no speedo but drove perfectly despite this, apart from having no power steering. This last was interestingly not as heavy as I expected for a car of this size :p

greendwarf said:
anko said:

Third day of survey and my dashboard lit up tonight like an out-of-date Xmas tree - errors EV, TPMS, DBS, ASC & Power Steering, also no speedo but drove perfectly despite this, apart from having no power steering. This last was interestingly not as heavy as I expected for a car of this size :p

Sorry to hear that. The engine check light is probably on as well?

SolarBoy said:
greendwarf said:
anko said:

Sorry to hear that. The engine check light is probably on as well?

Correct, but as the car was actually driving OK I didn't worry about any of this - waiting to see what will happen this morning :lol:

I have been in exactly one occasion where even e-motor power was affected by such a mishap. While driving on the motorway, the car started to shake violently, kinda like a petrol car that was running out of fuel. Quite disturbing, especially with wife and kids on the car. I was not so much worried about being in an accident but I did not like being accused of killing our car :mrgreen:

After a single Ignition Off / On cycle normal drive was restored.

greendwarf said:
Correct, but as the car was actually driving OK I didn't worry about any of this - waiting to see what will happen this morning :lol:

You'll still have the Engine Check light, and the Engine Check light will remain until cleared by a dealer or via an OBD dongle.

Did you email the survey folks about the issue?

Mine box is disconnected as awaiting a reply from them.

SolarBoy said:
You'll still have the Engine Check light, and the Engine Check light will remain until cleared by a dealer or via an OBD dongle.
Mine has been on several times, but it has never been reset by the dealer. It think it may take a few days / restarts ....

I’ve had one example of the ‘EV System Service Required’ warning appearing on start up. I switched off, removed the OBD connector, restarted the car and all was fine. I have subsequently re-attached the connector and have had no further problems.

I did email them about it and got a reply saying that the OBD shouldn’t interfere with anything and was not doing anything out of the ordinary. They said that it ‘calls the standard OBD commands which won’t damage your car and removing the OBD connector should always clear the warnings by restarting the car”. I suppose they would say that though, wouldn’t they :D

If any other warnings appear I reckon I’ll just remove it for good.

I'm grateful for all this research, which will ultimately benefit all of us. But seriously, guys, those are some cojones you have there. I worry about tinkering with my phone for fear of bricking a £500 device, but a £40,000 car! I assume that absolutely worst, worst case - you might need a tow to a dealer for some sort of ultimate hard reset?

ChrisMiller said:
I'm grateful for all this research, which will ultimately benefit all of us. But seriously, guys, those are some cojones you have there. I worry about tinkering with my phone for fear of bricking a £500 device, but a £40,000 car! I assume that absolutely worst, worst case - you might need a tow to a dealer for some sort of ultimate hard reset?

I install alternate operating systems on my phones :)

The ODB shouldn't brick the car, I'm more concerned about losing control of it due to loss of a subsystem and hence an accident, hence why mine is back in the box.

Just had a phone call from Germany to uninstall data logger and return it.

Because of the faults that have been appearing on the Outlander screen they are stopping the testing to find out what is going wrong.

Regards to all
Mac

Let me guess, the ELM327 clone in their devices is to aggressive when it comes to retransmitting packets that got lost due to network collisions, causing massive network congestion? And our ECUs no longer being able to talk to one another? :?

anko said:
Let me guess, the ELM327 clone in their devices is to aggressive when it comes to retransmitting packets that got lost due to network collisions, causing massive network congestion? And our ECUs no longer being able to talk to one another? :?

Yeah that's what I think ... my own cheap Vgate Mini Elm327 seems works fine with Torque Pro (I wish I knew if it worked with EvBatMon).

Back