UK "Juro" edition has MY17 features now (TomTom NAV,Carplay)

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gphome

I've just ordered a the "Juro" edition version we have in the UK (due to delivery around 10th December), which is based on the GX3h+ edition but comes with the following upgrades free of charge (From Autoexpress):

"Mitsubishi has announced the Outlander PHEV Juro, a special edition version of the plug-in hybrid SUV that adds a handy slug of extra equipment. It costs from £32,749, the same as the GX3h+ model it's based on.

The Juro model gets a touchscreen display with TomTom sat-nav, plus smartphone connectivity (Apple Carplay and Android Auto) and DAB radio. It also gets dual-zone climate control, cruise control, tinted windows, a leather steering wheel with audio controls and heated seats.

From the outside you'll spot the Outlander lettering on the bonnet and LED daytime running lights, plus the 18-inch alloys wheels that come as standard."

I was looking on this thread to get a bit more information on the TomTom Satnav, and read some experience of using Apple Carplay and Android Auto but it seems all the threads are regarding the older SatNav software, is this because this new entertainment unit is meant for the new MY17 model?

The Juro edition has been out for a few weeks now so cars will be on the road in the UK, does anyone have any experience of the new satnav? specifically is it better than putting Google Maps on the Outlander touchscreen via Android Auto instead?

Thanks

I can't answer your question but was surprised to learn from my dealer yesterday that the new head unit with Apple Play and Android Auto is ONLY available on the Juro and as things stand will not be available on any of the MY17 variants. Bizarre.

hedleyw said:
I can't answer your question but was surprised to learn from my dealer yesterday that the new head unit with Apple Play and Android Auto is ONLY available on the Juro and as things stand will not be available on any of the MY17 variants. Bizarre.

Really ... or is the dealer just trying to shift the Juro model ... :)

He wasn't trying to sell me a Juro as he knew it was a lease vehicle that wasn't due until March and would be done through Lex.

A TomTom sat nav would be wonderful, it ~may~ offer the chance at last of adding POI's and have proper live traffic depending on how its been implemented. Not to mention decent graphics.

Who know, perhaps you even get a decent handsfree that doesn't take 987 keypresses to dial someone from the phonebook..

Now you have me puzzled. Live Traffic works perfectly on my MMCS - albeit after the latest update.
Adding one's own destinations has always functioned properly.

jaapv said:
Now you have me puzzled. Live Traffic works perfectly on my MMCS - albeit after the latest update.
Adding one's own destinations has always functioned properly.

I have to use the Tomtom for work as it is a special commercial one with tracking and communication features, I also of course have MMCS. The Tomtom is like a 100 years more advanced in daily use. The MMCS traffic reacts to incidents that have already escalated and relies in the MMCS limited ability to reroute. Tomtom receive far more live data from devices on moving cars and spots problems even if only developing - far earlier, monitors your route on its servers and constantly reassesses your option in a bigger picture, sending you new route options with accurate timings should you choose them. Also tells you real time the delay if you stay to original route.

Of course you need one of the better Tomtoms with the data connection function for this to be available.

Yes you can add destinations to the MMCS but not import a POI file. For example we have a network of drop-box locations to collect parts in a POI file. It would take hours to type into the MMCS manually.

If it were not a lease car, and the problem of losing the EV function screens I would rip out the MMCS and replace with a Chinese unit that ran Tomtom software, proper phone function, let me watch a movie when parked and so on.

Or- just stick a Tom-Tom to your windscreen ;) Actually I have the impression that the monitoring infrastructure used by the MMCS over here and especially in Germany is somewhat more advanced than the UK.

jaapv said:
Or- just stick a Tom-Tom to your windscreen ;) Actually I have the impression that the monitoring infrastructure used by the MMCS over here and especially in Germany is somewhat more advanced than the UK.

you may be right. I had older Tomtom's that used a radio plugin to get traffic data and our Hyundai also has the same system on its sat nav. all the same as the MMCS from national radio station, it is pretty crude.

The only annoying thing with Tomtom is it relies on the mobile phone network which can be surprisingly patchy in the UK, its very annoying to be told you have passed the last exit - just before a very long jam ahead because it lost signal for a while.

But hey! I walked out to a warm, defrosted car this morning while all the neighbours were scraping away.. so life is good! :cool:

The MMCS does react to traffic inputs but in the UK these are definitely not as good as on mainland Europe. With both MMCS and my Navigon sat nav you get more rerouting over the channel than in UK i notice this every time I travel from Hook of Holland to Arnhem. In fact two weeks ago on a trip to Brussels the MMCS was giving more alternatives than the Navigon unit which admittedly is about 8 years old.

Back