Upgrade 3+ to parking sensors / Sat Nav?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wobblydeb

Has anyone else bought a base model (3 or 3+) and then added on either parking sensors and / or Sat Nav after purchase?

We really don't like leather seats, but are thinking that the parking assistance is pretty much a necessity for an (expensive to us!) city car. We have pranged both of our existing cars, and would really like to keep this one nice :D

So..... we don't really want a 4 because of the leather, but DO want better park assist and possibly Sat Nav. Any ideas or suggestions, or even better - experience doing this?

We have the 4hs but on the day we picked it up, immediately noticed the lack of beeping from the rear. Went to a local auto electrical company and they fitted both front and rear to OEM specification, the difference being £60 more but give that "fitted look". Charged same as local mits dealer but they would have been the aftermarket type. Only problem was they forgot to connect fog and drls again on the front which required dealer to look at.
1 year plus fitted and brilliant still. Never do rust camera and forget to rub lens before each journey...they get filthy in a few yards this time of year
Mike
4hs frost white
Full protection pack, rubber mats, dog guard
Several LEDs still to fit plus updated main beams. HIDs great but main beam poor. Don't know if this will be different with 16 model led main beams

Rear parking sensors are included as standard on 3 and 3+. I've personally never found the need for front ones.

I have the new 3+ and the seats are really nice - (fake) suede/leather combination. And you still get the heating on the front seats too.

We've driven the 3+ and to be honest I didn't find the parking sensors very good after driving cars with park assist. I like to know which bit of the car is too close to something else.

Loved the seats though!! :D

For the difference in price, front ones (like we had on Freelander ) are a damn sight cheaper than the cost of a new bumper and the inconvenience of the time it will be off-road being repaired.

Back