Using the non-native music app (iOS)

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thegurio

Hi all, I have a question regarding using the music app. Bare with me here, it takes a while to explain... Background - I use an Australian equivalent of Pandora, instead of the native music app, and it serves me well.

Usually when I'm getting in the car I'm on a phone call, so I wait until I connect to the car via bt and then proceed with the call. Now here comes the hard part. When I'm chatting away, I diligently put the USB cable in to keep the phone charged, which is plugged in to the USB port in the console. After about 5 seconds, it starts playing the first song in my native music list which let's just say is very loud and quite 'un-businesslike'... To actually get it to stop playing requires about 10 second of frantic work to stop it. You can't just pull up control centre and press stop, you have to open music, hit 'now playing', and then press stop, which takes a fair time... It doesn't matter if I'm playing music or not, it keeps coming up and playing!

Is anyone else having this problem?

As an aside, I have noticed that when I'm playing music via bt, and then plug the USB cable in, it'll start playing the music in the native app..

if you are only going to charge the phone - plug the USB cable into a 12V socket USB charge adapter in the front socket or the glove box socket....

dgmulti said:
if you are only going to charge the phone - plug the USB cable into a 12V socket USB charge adapter in the front socket or the glove box socket....

Which is exactly what I've done... I've still got the glove box cord connects for the enjoyment of my rear seat passengers, but for my use I rely on the 12 volt one.

One thing I am missing, which I only recently discovered, is the lack of an 3.5mm jack for the audio... Looks like it's USB only, which is a pain because it never recognises my iPad...

Back