Vic Young South Shields - Service

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Decided to go to Carlisle instead as my office is in Hexham so basically in the middle of both but less traffic going to Carlisle.

I'll post a review of Border Cars after the service late Oct. First impressions on booking are very favourable though.

GMD at Arnison Centre Durham. Going for first service in a few weeks. Will post outcome. Friendly staff and helpful. Bought my phev in Warrington and transferred warranty to them. Mike

mikehep said:
GMD at Arnison Centre Durham. Going for first service in a few weeks. Will post outcome. Friendly staff and helpful. Bought my phev in Warrington and transferred warranty to them. Mike

Mine has just been to GMD for its first service.

No complaints really, however, I was a little disappointed that it came back with a tyre pressure warning and it didn't get a wash. Also, they wrote the wrong mileage on the service paperwork so it appears to have done 2000 miles more than it has.

Not the end of the world though.

Just had the car serviced at Border Cars in Carlisle. Pleased to report that it was an excellent experience. Niel, the Service manager went through the additional work I requested and sorted out the courtesy car paperwork. The courtesy car was a new Jeep Renegade which was really good to drive.

I got a call during the day to discuss software updates and I was advised that nothing was available that would improve what I had so I didn't bother. I picked the car up in the afternoon, all jobs done and the car had been fully valeted, inside and out. Very impressed with that part.

All in all, a very good experience and I would recommend Border Cars for any PHEV owner in the area.

Back