What 12-volt battery for 2015 Outlander

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

offgrid

HI - RAC says I need a new battery - the 12 volt in back of car - not the hybrid EV electric battery - Does anyone know where to buy the right battery and what to buy? Europarts say they do not supply.

Tanya batteries sorted me an Optima 38AH recently. The OEM Yuasa 45AH ones don't seem to be in stock but if you go to the Tanya site it'll give the Optima as a replacement suggestion.

The following models will work:
Enduroline 85B24LS
Optima Yellow Top YT R 2.7 BCI D51R

The OEM Battery is a Yuasa HJ-S46B24L(S)

These references come from my personal notes. As far as I can remember i got them from Richi Jennings site or possibly his Amazon lists.
Look at section Z on this link.
Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV FAQ

The following models will work:
Enduroline 85B24LS
Optima Yellow Top YT R 2.7 BCI D51R

The OEM Battery is a Yuasa HJ-S46B24L(S)

These references come from my personal notes. As far as I can remember i got them from Richi Jennings site or possibly his Amazon lists.
Look at section Z on this link.
Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV FAQ
Be careful what you order.
I have just received a

Optima Yellow Top Yt R 2.7​

This battery is NOT compatible with my late 2018 2.4 lit.
- No hole for the vent tube.
- The clamping lugs on the bottom of the battery make it too large to fit into the compartment.

I'm sending it back...

What Year Model have you , It seems that the Optima is Ok for the 2.0 lit models (2014-2018), but not after the model change in late 2018 (2.4 Lit)
Mine's a 2019 2.4 and I fitted an Optima not long ago, drop in replacement assuming it's the correct one. I ordered from Tanya batteries who at that time didn't have the Yuasa or Enduroline 45AH ones available. I see they do now have the latter in stock tho more expensive than the Optima 38AH one was.

https://www.tayna.co.uk/car-batteries/optima/8073-176/

Back