Which version?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KillerBob

I have just ordered my Outlander Phev from the dealer here in Greenland. Because Mitsubishi Denmark does not sell the car, it is a specially configured version for Greenlandic sales. It is based on the Instyle kit, but without Sunroof, MMCS, and Navigation system (which wouldn't make much sense here in Nuuk as we have only 200km roads...

It does have everything else though; FCM, ACC, LDW, Regen Brake Paddles, Remote Control, Reversing Camera, and 18" wheels.

Question; can anyone tell me if this is the GX4h, GX4hs, GX5h, or GX5hs?

Also, I don't know what I should expect in terms of charging cables and interior heating; will it come with only the 8A version cable, or one which I can use optimally with a 16A outlet, and will it come with the electric heater installed?

Looking forward to getting it delivered in 2 months:)

Thanks in advance...

It does not match with any of the GX3h, GX4 h etc.
Of these only the GX3h comes without sunroof , MMCS and nav.
But the GX3h does not have ACC, LDW or reversing camera.

I suspect that as it does not have MMCS it will not have the electric heater as there would be no way to activate it without MMCS.

According to the dealer it does have an electric heater which is turned on using the App... According to them it will only work when the car is plugged in, which also fits with what people have been saying.

With the UK versions the app only works on cars with MMCS. If you have no MMCS then I cannot see how you can use the app.

I don't know, but I checked with some of the current owners around town, and the app does work.

They call it the InStyle+ (as compared to the InStyle Navi+), like the Navi+ but without the navigation solution and sunroof. It comes with everything else, so I wonder if it is just the screen unit which they have replaced with the cheaper unit, because the full MMCS is not needed when there is no navigation.

Other things it has are; Paddles for regenerative braking, Power tailgate, Leather seats (incl. power adjustable driver's seat).

KillerBob said:
I don't know, but I checked with some of the current owners around town, and the app does work.

They call it the InStyle+ (as compared to the InStyle Navi+), like the Navi+ but without the navigation solution and sunroof. It comes with everything else, so I wonder if it is just the screen unit which they have replaced with the cheaper unit, because the full MMCS is not needed when there is no navigation.

Other things it has are; Paddles for regenerative braking, Power tailgate, Leather seats (incl. power adjustable driver's seat).
Sounds like the sort of thing Ford used to do when a car was coming to the end of production - bring out a "special" with all the odd bits of various models slung in! :p Different paint job and bung a couple of hundred on the price!

Here in Greenland it comes down to the fact that Mitsubishi Denmark is not carrying the Phev, but it is a taxfree car in Greenland, and hence people wants them... I guess the Danish importer has specially configured this version, as we can't ask for modifications/extras. It makes sense that there is no sunroof and navigation, it is after all Greenland, and here in Nuuk we can a total of 200km of drivable roads.

In the Netherlands, Instyle+ comes with MMCS. Some people didn't like it and replaced it with an aftermarket unit. The remote app still works for them.

So, MMCS is not a prerequisite for having a functional remote control.

KillerBob said:
I have just ordered my Outlander Phev from the dealer here in Greenland. Because Mitsubishi Denmark does not sell the car, it is a specially configured version for Greenlandic sales. It is based on the Instyle kit, but without Sunroof, MMCS, and Navigation system (which wouldn't make much sense here in Nuuk as we have only 200km roads...

It does have everything else though; FCM, ACC, LDW, Regen Brake Paddles, Remote Control, Reversing Camera, and 18" wheels.

Question; can anyone tell me if this is the GX4h, GX4hs, GX5h, or GX5hs?

Also, I don't know what I should expect in terms of charging cables and interior heating; will it come with only the 8A version cable, or one which I can use optimally with a 16A outlet, and will it come with the electric heater installed?

Looking forward to getting it delivered in 2 months:)

Thanks in advance...
Actually it is the other way around. The Instyle series of names is used since the introduction in Japan and the Netherlands. The GX series of names was introduced a year later when the car came to the UK and other countries. Each country has its own range of options per model.

Hi.

In sweden you can get one without the MMC. You can still use the app for the heater.
I have one of this config.

Back