Windscreen Wipers

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozukus

Anyone got any advice on the windscreen wipers running in auto mode.

This is in todays British weather commonly called Mizzle, very light Drizzle.

- When I'm stopped they don't move.
- When I drive off slowly they wipe a couple of times then stop, rarely coming back on.
- When I drive off quickly they go mad for about 5 wipes.

Any thoughts, personally I'd prefer just a basic intermittent wiper.

Ozukus said:
Anyone got any advice on the windscreen wipers running in auto mode.

This is in todays British weather commonly called Mizzle, very light Drizzle.

- When I'm stopped they don't move.
- When I drive off slowly they wipe a couple of times then stop, rarely coming back on.
- When I drive off quickly they go mad for about 5 wipes.

Any thoughts, personally I'd prefer just a basic intermittent wiper.

I find that setting the sensitivity of the automatic wipers, it is usually possible to get reasonable behaviour. Do remember that any dirt on the windscreen can confuse the sensor, so keep it really clean.

Somewhere deep down in the configuration screens, there is an option to set the wipers to standard intermittent if you prefer that.

Thanks Maby, found it, however having a GX3h means that I'd have to get it done by Mitsubishi.

It is possible to activate the following functions:

• Automatic operation (rain droplet sensitive) can be changed to intermittent operation (vehicle-speed sensitive).
• Automatic operation (rain droplet sensitive) can be changed to intermittent operation (except vehicle-speed sensitive).

For further information, we recommend you to consult a MITSUBISHI MOTORS Authorised Service Point.

On vehicles equipped with Mitsubishi Multi-Communication System (MMCS), screen operations can be used to make the adjustment. Refer to the separate owner’s manual for details.

Experiment with the sensitivity of the automatic setting first - I find that I can always find a setting that works well for any given conditions, though it may vary from one day to the next. Start on minimum sensitivity, then turn up in clicks till it works for you.

I have the PHEV aspire, and it has MMCS, as have all AUS shipped PHEV. I turn OFF the speed sensitive feature. If the PHEV is left in the sun and gets hot, the wipers will activate in AUTO when the power button is turned ON as well.

Undocumented feature to damage the wiper blades by attempting to clean a hot dirty windscreen.

Back