Yippee

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maby said:
27 miles from a full charge is pretty good - are you complaining or happy?

I just got back from taking my wife to the station - headlights and heading on - I was pleased to see an estimate of 19 miles...

Interesting Real World Figures Maby, that's where I'm grateful for this forum because before I orderd my PHEV I come to the conclusion 25 miles on a full charge is realistic with the summer reviews from various owners even it dropping down to 19 in the winter will be plenty for myself for most runs I do

maby said:
27 miles from a full charge is pretty good - are you complaining or happy?

I just got back from taking my wife to the station - headlights and heating on - I was pleased to see an estimate of 19 miles...

Hi Maby, I was just a bit worried because I thought it should have been reading 30 or so. However I read one of your chats on here talking about the car learning your driving style and hot, cold temps affecting things so not to worry too much about the numbers.

Today I managed to get from Heathfield to Tunbridge Wells and back on a single charge which is great. Approx. 28 miles with 3 in the car. Good few hills on the way so fair bit of paddling, great fun :lol:

For UK heads I've been active today changing my supply of electric & gas, I come to the conclusion after being a NPower customer for 9 years I better do this rigidly today because of the new car, sadly I can't benefit from Economy 7 due to I'm at home during the day,anyway today I done the switch and my new elec costs will be as follows in 4weeks time hopefully

Extra energy is the company
10.203p KWH
STANDING CHARGE 23.817p / £7.25 PM

real term savings for me is 31% wow my price was 14.9p per KWH :shock:
Standing charge -53% discount per day

My usage is around 3,000 per year but I want to get my estimated usage for the new PHEV estimated in before I go live ;) so I'm hoping if anybody which has 16AMP Charger and charge figures per day? Then it will help me out on the assumption of 10.2p per KWH which will be my new tariff and I can go from there, I'm thinking 5.5 to 6 full charges a week will be me I think also with the GPRS signal usage calcalation included would be double handy

Thanks from Steve

The gx4 with MMCS has the facility to put in the cost of your unit of electricity, it will then show the cost of each charge, unfortunately it doesn't keep them as a daily cost but shows them a a cumulative total.
Our rates in the West Country are some what higher than yours but I have changed to Eco 7 for which the night rate is 6.67p per unit. I have set the rate on the MMCS at 7p and I have not seen a charge cost of over 67p
I think that this because when the battery is showing no EV range it is still 20% charged so each charge is only 80% of the 12kw load 9.6kw x 7p = 67p
Wether you use the 16 amp charger or charge via a 13amp socket you will still use the same amount of electricity but the charge via the 16amp charger will be quicker.
I would therefore suggest each charge will cost 9.6kw x 10.2p = 97.92p

Peter said:
The gx4 with MMCS has the facility to put in the cost of your unit of electricity, it will then show the cost of each charge, unfortunately it doesn't keep them as a daily cost but shows them a a cumulative total.
Our rates in the West Country are some what higher than yours but I have changed to Eco 7 for which the night rate is 6.67p per unit. I have set the rate on the MMCS at 7p and I have not seen a charge cost of over 67p
I think that this because when the battery is showing no EV range it is still 20% charged so each charge is only 80% of the 12kw load 9.6kw x 7p = 67p
Wether you use the 16 amp charger or charge via a 13amp socket you will still use the same amount of electricity but the charge via the 16amp charger will be quicker.
I would therefore suggest each charge will cost 9.6kw x 10.2p = 97.92p

Hi thank you for your reply I been lurking around on other posts,now knowing this makes sence, it's just a quicker charge but the amount of a electric used is still the same when it comes to AMPs.Great stuff I can do some figures now for the year ahead

Thank you so much I'm very grateful ;)

Yay done my maths I wouldn't even changed my electric & gas suppliers it was simply due to the PHEV,anyway if a charge my car x6 per week 9.6KW because of above my gas & elec is cheaper my PHEV bills are going to show its £11 a month for me :cool: and at 12.11KW £18 a month, so in reality for me this is going to be a cheap year ahead with PHEV I reckon a full tank a juice proberly last me 90 days or more I haven't done that bit yet so can count that in once I'm up and running

I reckon I done the x6 full charges a week a overkill but hay, mind you it does go to show how much I was paying over the odds on gas & electric for the last 9 years because my electric output is going to increase 125% because of the PHEV :shock: :eek: oh well I be on it from now on :? Yes Steve You WILL every six months I be checking new tariffs and company's :lol: 14.86p per KWH you dumbo :roll: could of had a few free holidays over the years :geek: I have a feeling I be looking at purchasing solar panels soon now this is all fresh in my brain :idea:

Now you can be just like the rest of us, and witter on about fuel consumption, driving techniques to get every last Amp from your battery, WiFi connectivity, Satnav lady, iPhone troubles, various other gripes about practically everything, and what that little orange light is above your head. But despite all that I still love it after 2 months, so that's OK in my book. :)

Solar panels: Remember, you can only use the output when they're actually producing it. So to make best use of them, you'll need to charge during the daylight hours. Still get the feed-in tariff and export tariff, but to make them really pay, you should use their output as it's flowing - you can't store it to use later. Teaching granny to suck eggs, probably, but my neighbour didn't take that on board, and wasn't getting the most economical use from them. Now does the washing during the day, and switches the immersion on in the summer for hot water rather than firing up his gas boiler.

Yep

Sitting there on Saturday at the dealers

KRQRBYj.jpg

mDmKhtC.jpg

Pic at home

NccYK5V.jpg

Out and about

DemGdY0.jpg

WJgNlok.jpg

KiQeDSq.jpg

ieA40HS.jpg

zaVooT4.jpg

d83Ajal.jpg

Ozukus said:
KentishSteve

Nice car.

What boat did yours come in on??
Thank you
I think it was whatever boat landed in November in the UK I don't know what ship it was, when I ordered it back in October the dealer always said estimated delivery was end of November, they was bang on with me, Dealer I used was Mitsubishi Canterbury

Never get bored of looking at pictures of this car, looks great in all the colours. White looks very cool, will look good in the snow.

Hope your enjoying the car so far :)

Looks good KentishSteve! Good luck on keeping it that clean :lol: How are you finding the reversing sensors? ;)

Nice, best choice of colour in my unbiased opinion. :p
I thought my reversing sensors were a bit faint so I purchased an add on unit for £30 that sits in your back window. Much louder and shows distance to obstacle and which side obstacle is on.

chindley said:
Nice, best choice of colour in my unbiased opinion. :p
I thought my reversing sensors were a bit faint so I purchased an add on unit for £30 that sits in your back window. Much louder and shows distance to obstacle and which side obstacle is on.
I think the sensor beep is a bit quiet too. What is the add-on unit?

Hi gang just a little update I'm still loving the PHEV however the c class Merc had 2 safety recalls so the shine was lost on that car so that is now gone but thanks to the PHEV Im now hooked on going greener so eyeing up the Leaf / i3 / eUP / I actually have a leaf on test drive as we speak , now without realising it's the same connector as the PHEV and wow what a great move on getting the 32A charger installed because now seeing the leaf being charged tonight in 32A "that's speedy :lol: he!he! , the PHEV has been great and a good choice that's for sure :) as for the c class never again :roll:

Back