Trickle charger nor working

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daveykbrig

I have a 2015 PHEV model with the Yazaki charger which has stopped charging. When I plug it in to the mains and the car with the charge cycle off on the app I get a power on light and the charge light flashes. I also have the 'plug in' graphic showing on the app. As soon as I turn on the charge cycle from the app, the car clicks from under the hood and under the car several times then the fault light comes on and flashes and the 'plugged in' graphic disappears from the app and the car fails to charge. Is there anything on the car that is likely to stop the charging or am I looking for a new charging cable. The PHEV will charge on the rapid charging port

I would try another charger first to determine if it is the charger or the car.
Where are you based, maybe another member on here lives nearby and can assist?

Have the timed charge settings been accidentally turned on? I have seen this before on a few occasions when somebody at work has used our Pool PHEV and been playing with the toys.

No, I've been turning it on and off on the app to try and trigger it but as soon as I take the timer off to charge full time the fault light comes on

I always charge mine at night with the timer so it is always set, but I have to turn off the ignition, get out of the car and close the door, open the charge hatch and plug in the cable then turn on the electric at the 13amp socket. Look through the window at the charge dial and check that the red charge light flashes 4 times. It is then safe to lock the car and walk away. If I have to open the car up for anything it upsets the timer so I have to unplug the cable and start again.

Panic over guys! Took it to the dealers from where I bought it and they confirmed it was the charger and they'd replace it under warranty! Doh!

Great you got the charger cable replaced due to warranty.

Two days ago I repaired my charger cable (bought my car second hand in less than a week ago). The charger cable connected every now and then and bending the cable made it happen. The previous owner of the car apparently did not support the brick so it hanged just freely using the cable itself. One of the wires was cut off just at the base. I opened the case and replaced the cable (one of the wires was quite burned looking so it was a fire risk already!). Also put some proper sealing glue to make it weatherproof again. Good as new now.

I must say I did look inside mine and tested it back to the plugs both ways but it seemed fine. No breaks. So still no sure what the problem was!

Back