Amalia

Re: Did Mitsu confuse "Save" Mode and "Charge" Mode Above 78 mph (125 km/h)?

Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:06 am

Hi all,

I am new here, I have my car since January bought from a Mitsubishi dealer, used car.
Lots of technical words here on the forum...I am a bit lost.
I had no home charging possibility so I charge it at the fast charge stations at the moment, 3 times so far. I noticed that the battery drains very fast, double fast actually with no AC or lights on.
When I connect the charging cable it shows that it starts to charge from 25% but my battery is completely empty and goes only to 80% and stops charging. So theoretically I have only a 55% charged battery. I thought that this car can run on a battery for about 28 miles. After I charge my battery it shows that I can run 16 miles. I drive about 5-7 miles (in the city, not highway) and it's empty.

I wrote to the dealer and he keeps telling me that after I have my home charging cable (normal power socket, as I have no driveway) the battery will charge better. The battery is consuming its power too fast! How a cable will change the faultiness of the battery?
I asked for a battery check but I had no answer.
Please advise, but ... not too many technical explanations as is Chinese for me (or should I say Japanese? )

AndyInOz

Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:10 pm

There's a few different things muddled together here.

1. IIRC Fast charging is limited to 80% to protect your battery. You can overcome this by unplugging and then starting the charge a second time.
(But it will damage your battery if you do this)
2. I can't think of any circumstances that would cause your battery to discharge faster when you turn off the air-conditioning and heating, but, if you are somehow disabling battery cooling or heating, that could cause your battery to behave differently.
3. The main factors that determine the amount of distance that you get from a charge are:
(a) The temperature of your drive battery;
(b) How fast you accelerate;
(c) Your top speed;
(d) The load you are hauling;
(e) Headwind; and,
(f) If you have stuck brakes (emergency brake or stuck calipers).

You can check for the last one by walking around the car after you arrived at your destination, and see if any of the wheels are hot.
2014 PHEV Aspire, Arctic Silver;
Black Interior;
Hayman Reese removable tow bar;
1.5kW Solar, grid connected.

jaapv

Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:47 pm

AndyInOz wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:10 pm
There's a few different things muddled together here.

1. IIRC Fast charging is limited to 80% to protect your battery. You can overcome this by unplugging and then starting the charge a second time.
(But it will damage your battery if you do this)
2. I can't think of any circumstances that would cause your battery to discharge faster when you turn off the air-conditioning and heating, but, if you are somehow disabling battery cooling or heating, that could cause your battery to behave differently.
3. The main factors that determine the amount of distance that you get from a charge are:
(a) The temperature of your drive battery;
(b) How fast you accelerate;
(c) Your top speed;
(d) The load you are hauling;
(e) Headwind; and,
(f) If you have stuck brakes (emergency brake or stuck calipers).

You can check for the last one by walking around the car after you arrived at your destination, and see if any of the wheels are hot.
This!
Instyle 2019
Titanium Grey
Before:
Instyle+ 2013

ThudnBlundr

Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:59 am

Have a look at Section H of Richi's FAQs. The rest of it is well worth reading too...
2015 GX4hs since 03/18
2015 Renault Zoe R240 owner since 11/17

You may have speed, but I have momentum...Image

Return to “Technical Discussions”