Bluetooth hands free only in right speakers?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sege

I used my hands free for the first time yesterday and I think all sound came from the right side of the car (which for me is wrong.. :)), which on my car is the passenger side.

Is this something I can change and how?

No you cannot change it; it is designed that way. The car is Japanese and that is one of the countries that has the weird habit of driving on the wrong side of the road. :twisted:

sege said:
I used my hands free for the first time yesterday and I think all sound came from the right side of the car (which for me is wrong.. :)), which on my car is the passenger side.

Is this something I can change and how?
No, you cannot unfortunately and it is definitely a bug. I used to have a Pioneer multimedia unit in my old car and there you could adjust the balance of the hands free sound. Embarrassing bug for Mitsubishi.

I have an LHD car. Never noticed where the sound came from. I will try to pay attention to it next time, but even when it comes from the right side, why is that an issue? To be honest, I am very happy with the quality of the sound.

It's completely insane that you're not able to change that. Come on Mitsu, can't be that hard?

Well, I was afraid I'd get these answers and I guess I'll have to live with it. My right ear is not quite as good as my left so for me it's a bit of an issue actually.

They did think about the mic though or...? :)

Yup, RHD UK model here - sound comes from the left (passenger side).

So it would appear as has been said that it is designed to come out of just the passenger side.

Sometimes this is to do with feedback loop avoidance for the microphone in cars, this may be the case here.

Back