Map light bulb replacement

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

envermeu

The bulb in one of the two map lights, above the rear view mirror, is not working. I have been through the manual which tells me what power the bulb is but there is no information as to how to get to that bulb. Perhaps I have missed something but there seems to be no obvious way of opening the bulb container. I would be grateful for any guidance.

This is very general advice, because I've not tried this in the PHEV and I don't even know if we have the same model.

In OTHER cars, the method is to slightly squeeze the diffuser (the semi transparent bit that the light comes through) from side to side, or end to end, and that reveals little tabs that can be pulled out of their slots.

Once the diffuser is off, you should have easy access to the bulbs.

On my pre-facelift model, pressing the solid clear plastic cover turns the lights on and off. You certainly wouldn't have much luck squeezing them. YMMV

A 5-second search of youtube revealed this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L8t2eahnlU

Back