2016 Model

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me too! Was told mid Nov for delivery...

Orient Red GX4hs

I've also been researching personal plates - having never had a brand new car before, we figured we'd go the whole hog (I found P1 HEV for sale - only £5K!) and am trying to work out if the registration fee charged by the dealer is on top of the registration fee charged by the DVLA...

The last time I bought a car, I used the dealership internet to log onto my insurance and changed it then and there - and this PHEV is cheaper than my 5 year old Mazda6.

Am well jel of jthspace's mods though...

Ollycat said:
Am well jel of jthspace's mods though...

:oops:

Thanks, I just like a few tweaks to either make it look a bit different (Angel Eyes) (NO stripes through) or for my convenience (rear sensors and rear power sockets - which should be on any car). My partners C3 Picasso has two power sockets in the centre console (one front, one rear). Bearing in mind that this car, or the seven seater, will be carrying family etc. with power requirements for iphone, ipads, phones, video . . . . weird oversight. It would cost pennies to include a couple of power outlets when being assembled. I think, though, that your model will have a rear power socket, from memory. At least you wont have to do that mod!

I've now had my GX3h+ for just over a week - in pearlescent white & one of 2 we had delivered at the same time taking us to 3 Outlander PHEVs in our small fleet ( thanks to P11D savings)

Very pleased so far & have managed to set up the app first go with no problem at all ( on an old Samsung mobile with no SIM card while I wait to be changed off a Nokia to an Android phone)

Compared to the GX4h demonstraters we have had, it seems much quieter & the engine is quieter too, plus the instant acceleration, particularly from a standstill, seems a lot faster

The CTEc material seats seem fine - sort of suede in the middle & leather effect sides & bolsters

Not sure yet about the Bluetooth as it seems fairly basic but will know better once I can try it when I get on to an Android phone ( I'm not bothering to try it with the Nokia) & I haven't managed to find if I can mute the stereo yet despite reading (some of) the manual. Only criticisms would be that the steering wheel seems very slippery & the reversing sensor bleeper isn't very loud (particularly in my colleague's car)

Overall it seems a big step forward from the old model- I'm now sorting out a charging point for work having already got a grant funded Rolec in at home through EV charging solutions

Tippers said:
Really jealous of people getting their cars a lot earlier than expected. I ordered a 4HS on 21st September (when the order was confirmed) but have been told mid-November / late November! Getting impatient!!!
Don't worry too much about it. I got mine two years ago. And today, it is old and dirty :( ;)

Claymore said:
Claymore said:
Ordered Orient Red 4H on Saturday, told it be just after middle of November.

Today told the car had landed 11/10 (!) and have been given VIN number, pleased, but unconvinced.

Bummer! I was right to be unconvinced!

Salesman returned from holiday today to tell me it won't land at Avonmouth until around 11th November.

So whoever told me it had landed because Mitsu UK wouldn't get the VIN number until it had actually landed was talking baloney.

Can I claim the record for owning the biggest number of accessories (cables, locks, mats, charging point (on order), diagnostic dongle etc, etc,) without even the slightest hope of seeing a car for them for yonks?

:oops:

If any of you lucky fellows are trading in Mk1 PHEV for your new model, your views on the new PHEV would be interesting. I have a used model (ex Demo 64 Reg) and might consider a Mk2 if it could be delivered before 01 April 2017 when the new VED rates come in. My fear is that by then, the Grant will have gone and all but the basic (heater-less) model will be over £40K and a VED of £450.
I would be happy with what I have if it had the Sharks Fin Antenna (for garaging) and the charging connector compartment lid had a waterproof seal. I might do a DIY job on the latter, but I would be loath to tamper with the antenna and spoil the DAB reception, and invalidate the Warranty.

piam said:
Ordered my Ruby Black GX4h at the beginning of September but still not been given an estimated delivery date. Has anyone had theirs yet or know when they will roughly be arriving?

Liam

Just been told order pushed back to 13 November from 6 November .....downer! No reason given, anybody got any intelligence- I read in a previous post landing at Avonmouth on 11th, connection?

If you get the ship name you can track the ship on one of the ship finder web sites.

As for being late, I ordered mine in August last year, got told Sep delivery, finally got it in December.

Some of the dealers are pretty poor at organisation and estimating delivery dates :?

deskry said:
If any of you lucky fellows are trading in Mk1 PHEV for your new model, your views on the new PHEV would be interesting. I have a used model (ex Demo 64 Reg) and might consider a Mk2 if it could be delivered before 01 April 2017 when the new VED rates come in. My fear is that by then, the Grant will have gone and all but the basic (heater-less) model will be over £40K and a VED of £450.
I would be happy with what I have if it had the Sharks Fin Antenna (for garaging) and the charging connector compartment lid had a waterproof seal. I might do a DIY job on the latter, but I would be loath to tamper with the antenna and spoil the DAB reception, and invalidate the Warranty.

The new basic model the Gx3h+ has now got a heater.

deskry said:

I think you will find, regardless of whether there is or is not a grant, the VED is based off the retail price of the car, not retail price minus the grant allowance. I believe that is the same for BIK.

I ordered a 4HS last week, provisional date given was 20th November but it was later (December) for most colours.

Back