A nice review, albeit from a minor paper...

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hypermiler

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Road-Test-Mitsubishi-Outlander-PHEV/story-21937263-detail/story.html

A reviewer that seems to like the car as much as most of us do... shame they don't work for a more illustrious publication!

Cheers
H

I just cannot believe that electric folding mirrors are even available on cheapest entry model in Europe but not in any model in Australia.
We are also missing RF stereo, lane departure warning and very recently found out also DAB :evil:

Vehicle excercise duty lol... :lol:

I too was wondering about folding mirrors and LDW. I could take or leave RF stereo, but I think folding mirrors are on the 'important' list. I can see LDW being interesting for the first 100 or so k's, but then turned off lol

If you drive the Autobahn at night LDW can be a life saver. I know; I have a 14.000 Euro repair bill on a previous car to prove it..... :oops:

jaapv said:
If you drive the Autobahn at night LDW can be a life saver. I know; I have a 14.000 Euro repair bill on a previous car to prove it..... :oops:

Lol.... Believe me, where I love you could do figure 8's on the roads and not hit anyone...

thegurio said:

I too was wondering about folding mirrors and LDW. I could take or leave RF stereo, but I think folding mirrors are on the 'important' list. I can see LDW being interesting for the first 100 or so k's, but then turned off

I am not too fussed about LDW but RF stereo and electro-folding mirrors were a must for me since I love listening quality music at any opportunity and my wife is notorious with mirrors getting in & out of tide spaces (she ripped off 3 mirrors from previous car :eek: )
Can not understand the logic of MM including electro-folding mirrors even in the cheapest model in Europe but not even in the most expensive model in Australia. All the reviews done by Australian Motoring Magazine people prior to the launch of PHEV stated that it came with RF stereo, LDW and electro folding mirrors with top Aspire model :evil:

ufo said:
thegurio said:

I too was wondering about folding mirrors and LDW. I could take or leave RF stereo, but I think folding mirrors are on the 'important' list. I can see LDW being interesting for the first 100 or so k's, but then turned off

I am not too fussed about LDW but RF stereo and electro-folding mirrors were a must for me since I love listening quality music at any opportunity and my wife is notorious with mirrors getting in & out of tide spaces (she ripped off 3 mirrors from previous car :eek: )
Can not understand the logic of MM including electro-folding mirrors even in the cheapest model in Europe but not even in the most expensive model in Australia. All the reviews done by Australian Motoring Magazine people prior to the launch of PHEV stated that it came with RF stereo, LDW and electro folding mirrors with top Aspire model :evil:
After I picked up my Aspire PHEV, I took me a couple of weeks to realize I did not have LDW after reading about it on overseas web sites. And boy do I wish I had the folding mirrors.

Goldie said:
After I picked up my Aspire PHEV, I took me a couple of weeks to realize I did not have LDW after reading about it on overseas web sites. And boy do I wish I had the folding mirrors.

Now I know I wouldn't like to do this to my car, but that depends on how much it annoys me... Having said that I haven't had a car that has had it, so I don't know what I'm missing.

I imagine the wiring is all in there, I wonder what else would be needed to make them work?

I wonder if you bought a UK/Europe spec side mirror and plugged it in, whether that would work? I imagine you'd have to buy the switch as well, if that's how they work, or possibly whatever is involved if it's not a switch is already in there?

Back