Add a Tachometer

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fozziebear40 said:
Cheers maby, off to buy the dongle :D

The more important consideration is WiFi vs. Bluetooth - Android phones and tablets prefer Bluetooth while Apple devices prefer WiFi.

avensys said:
Hi,
I just use a cheap ELM237 (or something similar) bluetooth adapter (from Ebay) which was roughly £15 and an Android app called Torque which also has a free version and the full version is something like £3.
Tells you the engine rpm fine along with lots of other interesting stuff.
kind regards,
Mark
Got the same with Torque pro, which came on a disc with the ELM327.

Had a couple of "EV Service Due" warnings when the phone is trying to connect when the car is switched off. Any thoughts??

Cheers

Chris

Are these App's really showing more info than the in car info shows ?

I have the gx4h, and in the sat nave screen I can show a number of figures.

What I miss really is a number that says the state of the battery e.g. 40%.. and/or amount of charge that the car has accepted, or hours charging..

at the moment I can tell ive done xxx MPG but really a lot of power comes from the mains and this isn't recorded as far as I can tell

CharlieH said:
Are these App's really showing more info than the in car info shows ?
Yes, they do. Most interesting are IMHO:
- RPM
- instantaneous fuel consumption (and not only immediate after a reset)
- coolant temperature

No, they don't. Not what you are looking for.

Pic of android phone with gauges from"torque" Instantaneous mpg is great, varies from 266mpg which is the max it can show to 23mpg under very heavy acceleration.
Coolant temp comes up to 88deg within minutes of the ICE starting, and the revcounter also gives an analogue reading.

I've put an engine load gauge on the bottom right, and a cumulative mpg on the left. Brilliant!

http://s26.postimg.org/x6izc29tl/SAM_1659.jpg

Cheers

Chris

Back