ADmin code

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccomley

I have a PHEV on hire whilst my own car is having some attention.

I went to pair my phone with it - it asks me for a code!

This is not the "bluetooth" code to match with the device as part of the pairing process. This is like a login to the screen where you can even start to look at the pairing process.

The hire company had two guesses and gave up, saying it's on a card with the manual - but the manual is of course not in the car.

Any clues if there's a way around it?

A complete reset of the system would be fine by me so long as it doesn't impact on the car's drivability, as there's no personal data in it of any value.

Nope. I press the "settings" button, pick "telephone", and it prompts me for a four-digit code. If I get it wrong, it dumps me back on the menu. Same if I approach it via the "bluetooth pairing" menu option.

anko said:
I assumed this is for MMCS. But is it?

My procedure seems bit different: Settings -> System -> Pair -> Register device (but then all in Dutch).

Yeah, there's where I'm at, or pressing the "telephone" button.
See me do it! https://www.dropbox.com/s/88frc4w8og0pwom/2015-09-07%2017.17.55.mp4?dl=0

Ah, that is the same indeed. I did do a quick scan of my manual, but didn't find any thing about a Passcode. There is only one picture with a Passkey, which is 1212. But I an afraid that is something else.

Found this on another site, I am not sure if this is the reset you require?

It goes like this...
without pressing the brake pedal. press the power button
Now press 5 times within 10 seconds alternately on lock and unlock button on the key, so 10 times in total.
turn on the warning lights.
pressure now 10 times alternating within 30 seconds lock and unlock button, so 20 times in total.
If you hear a single buzz the mission succeeded and you can log a phone again with the standard procedure.

You can also un and reconnect the 12V battery than you have the same result.
But then you lose your personal settings of MMCS and the fuel consumption data.

Reg, WHB

Read more: http://insideoutlander.boards.net/thread/444/wifi-inactive-software-update

That procedure would reset the WiFi module and is needed when the REMOTExxxxxx network magically disappears. Something that shouldn't happen with the latest updates.

I don't think it has any relation to BT pairing.

I know what you mean ..

When I first got the car and paired my phone, it worked fine.

then I did a family outing with the kiddies, and I let my daughter pair her phone, so that she and the kiddies could listen to her music,
which worked fine on the day.

now, when I push the voice control button on the steering wheel, the voice says the system is locked and I need to provide the code,
which it appears my daughter did as my date of birth, so I speak my 4 digit code and the system says "bluetooth device one connected"
and then I get all the choices about who to dial, or which songs from my phone I want to play, or pairing additional devices

and the hands free voice commands and stuff work until I turn it off and on again, then it asks again.

I read the first few chapters of the manual when I first got the car, and I've looked at the index, and I doesn't remember seeing anything about that bit.

perhaps it only happens once a 2nd phone is added?
but as for what the previous person that had that loan car choose as the code .... who knows?

there must be something in the (MMCS?) manual somewhere about it

Hi!
I have similar problem. I am trying to pair the phone, and it promps for four digit code. Same happen when pressing the "voice/telephone" button on the steering wheel. First of all i want to pair the telephone, but also change the "voice" from dutch to english? Somone who have a solution? There have to be an option too reset both the code of change the voice language

It sounds like the code is only used to prevent usage of the BT / Phone integration and not prevent usage of MMCS as such. So, it is not an anti-theft mechanism. In that case, detaching the 12v aux battery for a brief moment might actually work. But even if it does clear that code, it will do a lot more ... Such as clear your WiFi connections, Charge Schedule, Preheat schedule, Preset radio stations, Lifetime fuel consumption, Trip Odometers, etc .... :cry:

Back