Air Conditioning Eco Mode

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeeJay

I am aware that there is an eco mode for the air conditioner where it operates in a lower power mode.

I am also aware that putting it into this mode is linked to the Eco button - but I want to check if my thinking is correct.

In the vehicle settings on MMCS under Air Conditioner there is an Eco option where you can choose between Eco or Comfort.

My assumption is as follows.

Option One said:
When the MMCS setting is on 'Eco', then the following happens in relation to the Eco Mode button on the dash:

Normal mode - normal aircon
Eco Mode - reduced aircon power

When the MMCS is set to 'Comfort', then the following happens in relation to the Eco Mode button on the dash:

Eco Mode - normal aircon
Is this correct? or is it the other way round i.e.:

Option Two said:
When the MMCS setting is on 'Eco', then the following happens in relation to the Eco Mode button on the dash:

Normal mode - reduced aircon power

When the MMCS is set to 'Comfort', then the following happens in relation to the Eco Mode button on the dash:

I would like to think it is the first as that makes more sense to me to make the Eco button on the dash more useful, but the MMCS manual is not exactly helpful when all it says is: "Allows you to set Eco Mode".

However my interpretation of it being the first is based page 6-46 of the main manual, where it says

PHEV Manual said:
ECO mode is an eco-driving support system which automatically controls the Plug-in Hybrid EV System and air conditioning sys- tem to improve fuel efficiency.
NOTE
Refer to “Automatic climate control air conditioner” on page 8-4.
The ECO mode starts working by pressing the ECO mode switch when operation mode of the power switch is in ON. Push the switch again and the ECO mode will cancel.

Even if the ECO mode is operating, you can select normal operation of the air conditioner.
For further information, we recommend you to consult a MITSUBISHI MOTORS Authorised Service Point.
On vehicles equipped with Mitsubishi Multi- communication System (MMCS), it is possi- ble to change the setting by means of screen operations.
While the ECO mode is working, an ECO mode indicator will be turned on.
Refer to the separate owner’s manual for details.
That to me would suggest that setting it to Comfort overrides the Eco button switch as it says "Even if the ECO mode is operating, you can select normal operation of the air conditioner."

Does anyone have any experience of trying the different settings?

Hi,

I haven't tried the different settings out but your assumption also matches my assumption based on their description.

Personally, I would also like an option that puts the aircon into ECO mode while the throttle is in the NORMAL mode.

Kind regards,
Mark

Back