ANJUHIRI!!!! - Paddles

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Claymore

ANJUHIRI wrote "I bought a used phev outlander from japan 22000km used..and on japan use it shows 35.5km/L fuel economy..but i cannot achived half of that target..mostly aroung 15-16 km/L .... i wanna know how to shit B gear while driving..what are the occations to use B gear.. is it good or bad to use B gear at traffic(town areas) as also i like it gives me feeling of manual driving..is it fuel economy?? please dear friends please post how to use B gears for fuel economy level....

HOW TO USE OR SHIFT B GEARS FOR FUEL ECONOMY AND MAXIMUM EFFICIENCY DRIVING SPEED.. I MOSTLY DRIVE 60-80 KM/h"

ANJUHIRI! You sure know how to start an argument!!!!!!

:)

Just in case it has got lost through all the arguing in this thread the paddles (which you refer to as 'B Gears') are not gears.

The electric motors which power the front and back wheels also act as electricity generators and when they are operating in that mode they create a braking affect and the vehicle will start to slow down. Whilst the motors are in that mode they also generate electricity which is channeled back into the car's drive battery and stored.

The amount of braking (and regeneration) affect is controlled by the paddles and there are 6 settings ranging from zero braking (B0) to braking level 5 (B5) being the highest braking affect.

The level of (B) you have selected is shown in the display right in front of you between the speedo and the 'power' dial.

I'm not sure where you are located, the following assumes the functions of the paddles where you are are on the same side as here in the UK.

Forget about moving the 'joystick' (as instructed in the official Mitsubishi 'how to' video) to initiate electro magnetic braking simply moving the left side paddle towards you and releasing it will increase the braking affect by one (say from D (same braking affect as B2) to B1). If you hold the paddle up it will move up through the settings to B5.

Pulling the right side paddle towards you in the same way will reduce the braking and regeneration affect in stages back down to B0

If you hold the right paddle up it will default to D (Drive) which is the same as B2 and that will result in modest braking affect when you take your foot off the accelerator.

If you want to 'coast' with your foot off the accelerator you have to use the paddles to get to B0.

If you never have return journeys which exceed the e range of the car it's almost not worth bothering about but it can be quite satisfying squeezing a few more miles out of the battery than you might otherwise get.

As Bruce Forsyth (UK TV personality) used to say 'Good game, good game!'.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back