Australian heating

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gwatpe said:
The P component allows me to recharge for free for local needs.
If you use the car both ways, does that mean half of the time you have to manually turn of your auto Save? And would you still think it is acceptable for the engine to start after you have charge up for free for a local run?

If you purchased the PHEV for predominantly short range EV use, then the way it was programmed from the factory probably suits your needs, even if some petrol is used occasionally for say heating needs.

I purchased the PHEV as a plugin rechargeable hybrid EV, SUV. The way it is programmed at the factory did not suit my needs, and I could not justify dumping the PHEV and looking for another option. On those occasions that I choose to drive the PHEV as an EV, then I can just select NORMAL mode. If I choose to tow a caravan, then my PHEV can be set to automatically power ON in CHARGE mode for those times. If I no longer do long trips or tow a van, the PHEV can still be set to power ON in NORMAL mode.

I have the PHEV for all of its features, including longer drives without a plugable recharging source.

Probably by the time petrol is unavailable there will be other PHEV mods to make it more EV, but my PHEV may be worn out by then and a TESLA clone its replacement.

maby said:
I'm not so convinced by this 7 degree figure any more, you know. Morning temperatures round here have tended to be around 12 degrees recently, but I've still had the petrol engine fire up as soon as I start the car - even with a full battery. I generally keep the climate control set to 20 degrees and it seems to be the heating that is bringing the engine up - if I turn it off, the engine stops soon afterwards.

The other morning it was 13 deg here in Port Douglas & the ICE started-the temp setting was 24 deg

Back