Auto Temperature Control and A/C mode- Outlander 2023 PHEV

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpetro

Now that the weather is warming, when I have the cabin temperature set in Auto for 70 °F, when it is 85 °F outside, the A/C does not seem to come on unless I push the A/C button. I can lower it to 60°F and still no affect. I am wondering if I have a problem with the vehicle or if this is normal operation?

Appreciate anyone's comments,
Jim

On my 2018 l find that the heating doesn't seem overly effective unless l manually set the circulation setting to recurculate.
This is the first summer for me with the car, and l have found that l have to do the same for conditioning.

So far, l have been using the windows and sun roof for interior temperature control as the heating and A/C both chew up the battery reserve pretty quickly.

I just checked mine - in Normal mode, the A/C turns on when you press Auto (but you can turn it off). In Eco mode it's the reverse - you need to turn it on manually if needed in Auto mode. I don't know if this depends on the outside or inside temperature, I tested at 50 deg outside, inside set at 70 deg.

On my 2018 l find that the heating doesn't seem overly effective unless l manually set the circulation setting to recurculate.
This is the first summer for me with the car, and l have found that l have to do the same for conditioning.

So far, l have been using the windows and sun roof for interior temperature control as the heating and A/C both chew up the battery reserve pretty quickly.
I have noticed this in my 2024 Outlander PHEV. The temperature setting seems irrelevant. You press AUTO and the air conditioning comes on even when its cool in the car and it seems to stay on. There doesn't seem to be any "auto" in the auto at all. I have been manually managing heating and cooling.

Have you had it refilled recently? Our 2014 PHEV Aircon had pretty much stopped working by the time it was the age of your car. A visit to our local service centre got it running again.

Martin

Back