Automatic / manual computer displays

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Padped

Could anyone give me an idiots guide to these two settings on the trip screens? Aware that the numbers have shortcomings anyway but not sure why they are so different to each other ?

Automatic - Instant mpg from switch on (resets after 4 hours of non-use)
Manual - cumulative long term mpg until you reset it. (useful if you want to work out your mpg over a tankful of fuel, or a specific journey)

I have found the automatic reset very useful with realizing the big impact on average mpg that the small amount of EV driving makes. Would like to see a faster data update rate. For a typical hybrid drive, I have found that 1/4 of the battery makes approx 1L/100km difference in the average at 100kph in a 100 km trip.

pheverish said:
Automatic - Instant mpg from switch on (resets after 4 hours of non-use)
Manual - cumulative long term mpg until you reset it. (useful if you want to work out your mpg over a tankful of fuel, or a specific journey)

Though it has been claimed that the manual value is not consistent - someone round here published his figures which showed that the manual mpg in the evening just before he switched the car off was not the same as the figure shown the following morning before he moved it. I haven't bothered to check this yet - though I am suspicious of the figures.

Great thanks.

I have found the automatic reset very useful with realizing the big impact on average mpg that the small amount of EV driving makes

I'm finding this too. I do a fair bit of motorway and settling on using save once done the ten miles or so to there then using save button and cruising without cruise control at 75 with B0..... Been getting about 43 overall at the moment but that includes some unusually big stints so hoping some more local journeys with a higher proportion of ev will get that going upwards

Though it has been claimed that the manual value is not consistent - someone round here published his figures which showed that the manual mpg in the evening just before he switched the car off was not the same as the figure shown the following morning before he moved it. I haven't bothered to check this yet - though I am suspicious of the figures.
That was me. It's not the mpg that's the problem, so if you only use the Manual data for mpg you'll be okay. But you can't rely on any of the other data supposedly retained in Manual mode. For example switch to Manual data as soon as you power up in the morning and you'll see MMCS tells you you've achieved 100% EV mode, irrespective of whether it was showing 1% or 99% the night before.

Back