Awful iphone connectivity to sound system

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bearddude

So far, the most annoying aspect of my PHEV is the way it connects (or doesn't) to my iPhone(s). My iPhone 4 won't connect at all. My iPhone 5 connects and I can start to choose music, although whoever designed the interface on the PHEV must have been in a bad mood that day because it really is a pile-o-cack. I could put up with it if only my iPhone would stay connected and usable, but it doesn't. The most common occurrence sees the music stop playing after one or two tracks, the PHEV touch screen becomes unresponsive (unless you leave the iPod/phone screen) and the only way to regain access to the iPhone seems to be to reconnect it. Having to do that after every 2 songs makes the system unusable. Is anyone else seeing this, or am I the lucky chosen one?

bearddude said:
So far, the most annoying aspect of my PHEV is the way it connects (or doesn't) to my iPhone(s). My iPhone 4 won't connect at all. My iPhone 5 connects and I can start to choose music, although whoever designed the interface on the PHEV must have been in a bad mood that day because it really is a pile-o-cack. I could put up with it if only my iPhone would stay connected and usable, but it doesn't. The most common occurrence sees the music stop playing after one or two tracks, the PHEV touch screen becomes unresponsive (unless you leave the iPod/phone screen) and the only way to regain access to the iPhone seems to be to reconnect it. Having to do that after every 2 songs makes the system unusable. Is anyone else seeing this, or am I the lucky chosen one?

Working fine with my iphone 6. Initially had BT problems with hands free but got around that by switching off wifi on the phone while in the car. I've used both BT audio and USB and both work well.

I did update the MMCS via the iphone app when I took delivery of the car this week, so if you havent done that it might be worth doing.

kentphev said:
bearddude said:

Working fine with my iphone 6. Initially had BT problems with hands free but got around that by switching off wifi on the phone while in the car. I've used both BT audio and USB and both work well.

I did update the MMCS via the iphone app when I took delivery of the car this week, so if you havent done that it might be worth doing.

Hi kentphev,

You sound like a different person to the one that said a few days ago and I quote:

"Got my GX4 yesterday and iphone 6 disconnects from phone calls constantly.
Worked fine with my old Peugeot, wifes fiat etc etc.

Seriously underwhelmed with the MMCS which could be forgiven, but cocking up the basic hands free operation is awful.

Software engineer by trade and whoever wrote the interface for the MMCS and the iphone app should be shot."

I think the moral here is people should not go off half cocked till they try a few things or get some help. I can still (in my mind) see my now dead dad saying that to me when I did the same.

Regards Trex.

Thanks for the replies - here's an update. I updated the MMC to the latest firmware (it was only 7 weeks since I last updated, but there was a later version available). The iPhone 5 now works. However, an iPod Nano running the latest Apple version does not. It connects and music plays, but the tracks displayed on the MMC do not match what the iPod is playing, and if you change a track on the MMC it changes the track on the iPod but the tracks never match so the iPod is effectively unusable because on the MMC you have no way to tell what music you're selecting. I haven't tried the iPhone 4 yet but will post again when I've given it a try.

Did you get anywhere with this?

Using iPod Nano, I get the same issue, it plays but never matches the track that's being displayed. Strangely it worked fine the first half dozen times I tried it.

Trex said:
kentphev said:
bearddude said:

Hi kentphev,

You sound like a different person to the one that said a few days ago and I quote:

"Got my GX4 yesterday and iphone 6 disconnects from phone calls constantly.
Worked fine with my old Peugeot, wifes fiat etc etc.

Seriously underwhelmed with the MMCS which could be forgiven, but cocking up the basic hands free operation is awful.

Software engineer by trade and whoever wrote the interface for the MMCS and the iphone app should be shot."

I think the moral here is people should not go off half cocked till they try a few things or get some help. I can still (in my mind) see my now dead dad saying that to me when I did the same.

Regards Trex.

No, not really. MMCS is still bad and only works if you remember to switch wifi off every time you get in the car. Sometimes it seems to forget the address book I imported from my phone. Dont even get me started on having to select the display/settings you want every time you get in the car.

I think the moral here is to not lecture people about morals ;)

Back