BMU Reset after DIY high voltage battery swap.(need help)

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lukaxe

Hi, i have bought mitsubishi outlander 2017 phev with main drive battery failure, battery had water ingresss and was diagnosed by mitsubishi, i bought used high voltage battery and swaped batteries, but i still getting RBS fault message. I have icarsoft and when deleting fault codes the ICE starts for few seconds but then shuts off and faults appear again. With last battery that was defective it was not possible to start engine so it is some progress. BMU data still shows some old data and some new so i think it might be that this needs to be reset fully but not sure which tool to use. Most of methods that i checked here in forums requires car to charge or mitsubishi dealer tool. Car does start charging but cuts off in few seconds. Thank you for help.

For sure there is a BMU reset to be done following by DBCAM.
If you want to to it by yourself an OBD-II wired adapter, MUT-III soft + purchased driver need to be used.
All will come to about 100usd.

Hello, I have just bought 2016 model. I have Kingbolen Ediag OBD2 scanner and it has many reset options for BMU. Inside BMU there are options to reset control unit and estimated range. Also service functions have reset function under BMU but i did not use that one.

I did these resets when the battery was close to flat and now the car has charged over night and still 15h remaining to full charge. Maybe I messed up the system or then this is a calibration charging but we'll see if I can wait to let the car complete the charging.

Download and Watchdog app to check your battery and what you have actually did.

If one do only a reset it is like cheating that a new battery have been installed and probably you are actually overcharge it right now. Can't be sure but do an reading with Watchdog to be sure.

You are better to fully charge the car and then reset the BMU etc. if you do it at mid or low charge it takes the car a long time to sort itself out.

Back