BMU Reset for 2018 Canadian PHEV. Alternate method idea

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From Toronto, Own a 2018 Outlander PHEV. Pretty tired of talking to mitsubishi dealership and Mitsu Canada. Its quite obvious they have my money and now dont give a shit.
I would like to do my own DBCAM, resets - Where can i buy the software, cables. ? What would the cost be?

So I have got the MUT III software installed. Can I buy any VCI from the store or is it specifically a Mitubishi VCI I need to buy.
Also can someone point me to the exact directions on how to perform a DBCAM via MUT III

- Drove drive battery empty.
- Turned the car on but not in drive mode (start button twice without pressing brake).
- Turned on as many high load 12v accessories as I could. Fan, High beams, seat heat, portable 12v cabin heater. Took about 45 minutes.
- Watched Dog BMU voltage drop to around 7.2v with load. Unloaded returned to 8v.
- Disconnect 12v. Plugged in Mitsubishi supplied EVSE.
- Reconnected 12v but only till charger started. Had to do this three times to get timing correct.
- PHEV Watchdog immediately reported 40 Ah. Didn't have to wait.
GOM now says 62 km.

Used the onboard 12v battery.
Going to try this one this weekend on 2018 GT. Does anybody have any hints?

Going to try this one this weekend on 2018 GT. Does anybody have any hints?
Yes, a big hint. Don't do it!
First you will ruin you expensive 12V battery, second you will cheat Battery Management Unit that you have a new battery with full capacity and further ruin your main traction battery by overcharging, over-discharging it for it's actual condition.
Do an DBCAM instead to bring your battery to it's optimal state of health.

Yes, a big hint. Don't do it!
First you will ruin you expensive 12V battery, second you will cheat Battery Management Unit that you have a new battery with full capacity and further ruin your main traction battery by overcharging, over-discharging it for it's actual condition.
Do an DBCAM instead to bring your battery to it's optimal state of health.
Thanks! DBCAM is the one that only a dealer can do or the one called "Tripple Step" where you have to buy software and an OBD cable?

Thanks
It doesn’t work for all vehicles. I tried it on a friend’s 2018 but it didn’t work.
Thanks

Thanks! DBCAM is the one that only a dealer can do or the one called "Tripple Step" where you have to buy software and an OBD cable?

Thanks

Thanks
I do it myself, all cost me less than 100$ and can used it for all kind of service as well.
The triple step - DBCAM s done in 5 minutes and it's not anything so special.

If not one have to bring it to the dealer. The reset you were planing is harmful for the battery.

I do it myself, all cost me less than 100$ and can used it for all kind of service as well.
The triple step - DBCAM s done in 5 minutes and it's not anything so special.

If not one have to bring it to the dealer. The reset you were planing is harmful for the battery.
Thank you! The one you described for $100, is the "Three Step" with MUT-III software?

Thanks

Thank you! The one you described for $100, is the "Three Step" with MUT-III software?

Thanks
For 100$ I bought the hardware (fake tactrix openport 2 from ali) plus software driver-bridge for it to work with MUT-III software that can be downloaded for free.
The "three-step" you do yourself after as many times you want plus all other stuff you want.

For 100$ I bought the hardware (fake tactrix openport 2 from ali) plus software driver-bridge for it to work with MUT-III software that can be downloaded for free.
The "three-step" you do yourself after as many times you want plus all other stuff you want.
Thanks. Did you buy a license from Nikolay?

Back