BMU Reset

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lon12 said:
I just wanted to add that a BMU reset can happen accidentally.
I was working in the garage putting up shelving and had turned the car on to listen to the radio. After a few hours the radio stopped and I noticed the car 12 v had emptied.
My first thought was to plug in the charger. That didn't help. So I then jumped the 12v to try and get it charging. I'm don't remember the exact order I did this but afterwards my battery capacity was back to 100%.

Interesting... So,does your range improved and for how mich?

OncleV said:
I understand... But doesn't resetting the battery affect its long-term health?

If done properly it shouldn't affect battery long-term health. The original battery age was not put correctly during the reset and that's a red flag though that some other things may have not been correctly done.

kpetrov said:
OncleV said:
I understand... But doesn't resetting the battery affect its long-term health?

If done properly it shouldn't affect battery long-term health. The original battery age was not put correctly during the reset and that's a red flag though that some other things may have not been correctly done.

Thank you for your reply!

I find it suspicious that the owner "wasn't aware" of the fact that the battery birthday date differs from the age of the car!

Back