Charging process for Outlander PHEV

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saifseyal

I have some interest in charging process of Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV. Is it extremely complicated or as easy as pie? Also what do I need to charge the car?

I’ve done some research concerning hybrid car and came across an interesting fact that you can charge the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV by using a domestic socket. What you need is to plug in the car and wait.

saifseyal said:
I have some interest in charging process of Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV. Is it extremely complicated or as easy as pie? Also what do I need to charge the car?

Well there really isn't much to it except for the one time charging station install that you have to make to be able to charge the Mitsubishi Outlander in the first place but other than that it's as you said - easy as a pie.

Dannyboy said:
saifseyal said:

Well there really isn't much to it except for the one time charging station install that you have to make to be able to charge the Mitsubishi Outlander in the first place but other than that it's as you said - easy as a pie.

That is pretty neat. I think what impresses me most about this, though, is the charging time. Plug-ins are certainly something of a novelty still. But how cool that the outlander PHEV is an outlander plug-in that just takes 4 hours to fully charge? At least, that's what Mitisibishi says and there is apparently an option for a 30 minute charge (nearly 80-percent) as a factory option.

Not bad. They say 30 miles on electric, and with a 30 minute charge, seems like a pretty good option.

BrotherBig said:
Dannyboy said:
saifseyal said:

That is pretty neat. I think what impresses me most about this, though, is the charging time. Plug-ins are certainly something of a novelty still. But how cool that the outlander PHEV is an outlander plug-in that just takes 4 hours to fully charge? At least, that's what Mitisibishi says and there is apparently an option for a 30 minute charge (nearly 80-percent) as a factory option.

Not bad. They say 30 miles on electric, and with a 30 minute charge, seems like a pretty good option.

After seeing some improvements in the recharge department I wouldn't leave out the possibility of a 20 min full recharge time. I'm just not sure if it's gonna' be a fit-all serve-all kind of product or a proprietary one.

It would be awesome though if somebody manages to make a general use recharge station with a 20 min(or probably a faster) recharge time, and I'm absolutely sure that the profit on such a product would be amazing especially in a young market as this one.

I think I read somewhere that Phillips is working on a project of that sort, but I just can't seem to remember where I read. If I remember I'll definitely let you know.

It is really frustrating to see car companies(Mitsubishi as well) trying to segment the market on this new technology instead of using the
synergy route where they could, alongside other car makers, quickly switch to the EV technology by making charging station and interchangeable cables for free.

Dannyboy said:
I think I read somewhere that Phillips is working on a project of that sort, but I just can't seem to remember where I read. If I remember I'll definitely let you know.

It is really frustrating to see car companies(Mitsubishi as well) trying to segment the market on this new technology instead of using the
synergy route where they could, alongside other car makers, quickly switch to the EV technology by making charging station and interchangeable cables for free.

It's more or less a behavioral norm from car companies for a new technology like this. I would compare this to the roaring 20' when you really didn't know what is allowed and what isn't and what things are going to look like 10 years from now.

BobMarin said:
Dannyboy said:

It's more or less a behavioral norm from car companies for a new technology like this. I would compare this to the roaring 20' when you really didn't know what is allowed and what isn't and what things are going to look like 10 years from now.

That is actually true, but it's really exhausting to watch carmakers do the same mistake as always, they try to make the car and everything that goes alongside it proprietary which always backfires and the most compatible new technology always wins.

Let's hope that Mitsubishi is going to learn from their mistakes and not make them on Outlander PHEV.

I imagine it has to be tough as a car company, though. It's an emerging market. There is definitely interest in this type of product from consumers and businesses as a green-conscious society continues to grow.

Perhaps not at vocally as in the past couple of years, but one could even hope that's a good thing if it means PHEV and full-electric is becoming more of a norm than a new idea.

Still, I imagine it's difficult in the world economy that we're seeing to invest heavily in a market you know you are not alone in, where the infrastructure isn't wholly available or stable (but promising), and so on.

The Outlander PHEV, and its counterparts, have a challenge before them. I think, overall, the companies will learn from each other as to what works and what doesn't.

BrotherBig said:
I imagine it has to be tough as a car company, though. It's an emerging market. There is definitely interest in this type of product from consumers and businesses as a green-conscious society continues to grow.

Perhaps not at vocally as in the past couple of years, but one could even hope that's a good thing if it means PHEV and full-electric is becoming more of a norm than a new idea.

Still, I imagine it's difficult in the world economy that we're seeing to invest heavily in a market you know you are not alone in, where the infrastructure isn't wholly available or stable (but promising), and so on.

The Outlander PHEV, and its counterparts, have a challenge before them. I think, overall, the companies will learn from each other as to what works and what doesn't.

Mitsubishi Outlander definitely has a challenge in front of him but I'm more then sure that they will overcome them if they manage these battery and production problems they have been facing lately.

Too, this process just got more interesting with the offer from British Gas (where the SUV is available). It even opens it up for friends and family of the owners.

Going to grandma's house regularly? Grandma can get it for free and the owner can even get use of the POLAR network anywhere for free too.

Back