DASH CAM

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NS633

Can y'all recommend a dash cam for my vehicle?
The main specifications that I need.....
Clear vision
Night vision
Auto start-up-auto shut off
Hdmi Output

That's all for a basic cam :)
I'd appreciate if y'all can recommend me a link,which I can order it online.

I've had 3 Blackvue dashcam and currently use a Thinkware which will be transferred next week when my phev arrives

The Blackvues have been temperamental but very user friendly

I went for the Thinkware on recommendation as it had 1080 front and rear cameras, speed camera alerts and better reliability apparently - it's not as user friendly as the BV but I'm coping and so far no issues

I would post some samples but I see this forum they get removed

I hardwire all my dashcams so they record when parked thanks to movement sensors - will need to work out method for phev

Hope this helps

Muddywheels said:
I hardwire all my dashcams so they record when parked thanks to movement sensors - will need to work out method for phev

Hope this helps
So the bloke pinching your dashcam will have a nice selfie? :twisted: :lol:

Not heard of anyone having a dashcam stolen from a locked and alarmed vehicle but more risk of damage while parked and scumbag driving away :?

The BV were 720 dpi rear when I was looking compared to the Thinkware 1080

DPI? That is a value for photographic prints, not camera resolution. And a strange value too. Highest quality prints come at approx. 300 DPI. Screens like the LCD in your car or at the back are measured in PPI (usually 72) Cameras are measured in MP.
DPI = Dots per Inch
PPI = Pixels per Inch
MP = Megapixel number.

If new to Dash cams you may find the information here useful. http://www.techmoan.com/guide-to-dashcams/

Detailed reviews an a range of Dash Cams with some excellent test recordings here. http://www.techmoan.com/what-is-the-best-dashcam/

Comparing the day and night time images should help you decide what camera best meets your needs. Image quality is not just a matter of the total number of mega pixels per image but also the way the differing light levels are handled.

Plenty of information is provided on the site to keep an enquiring mind busy for quite a while.

Muddywheels said:
Apologies according to literature it's 1080p :oops:

This will the HD video resolution i.e. the number of lines in the display - same as your HDTV - and is a common way of describing videos. Hmm, I'm surprised jaapv missed this but I understand he is only a photographer hence his obsession with megapixels for prints :lol:

Well, most cameras do offer video nowadays, but you are right, I have zero interest. I don’t even know how to upload to Utube or Vimeo. :eek: And don’t ask about HDTV. My set came for free with a purchase a decade ago...
Worst case for me is having to edit - under strong moral pressure- the videos my wife took on holiday :evil:

Found a good guide to dash cams at : http://cardashcamreviews.com/

Although it is aimed at uk consumers it still gave me a good idea where to start, as im pretty much clueless on them!

Ended up going with the G1W dash cam as it looked like great value for money and has pretty strong reviews.

Hugh said:
Found a good guide to dash cams at : http://cardashcamreviews.com/

Although it is aimed at uk consumers it still gave me a good idea where to start, as im pretty much clueless on them!

Ended up going with the G1W dash cam as it looked like great value for money and has pretty strong reviews.

But I think the SJCAM M10 is better than the G1W.
I bought a SJCAM M10 too.

NS633 said:

I will be very interested to hear how this goes so please post back after you have used it for a while. I didn't realise that action cams could double up as dashcams.
Where did you buy as GBP 39.99 (AU $64.17) from ebay including all mounts and underwater case seems too cheap, or is the quality poor?

zzcoopej said:
NS633 said:

I will be very interested to hear how this goes so please post back after you have used it for a while. I didn't realise that action cams could double up as dashcams.
Where did you buy as GBP 39.99 (AU $64.17) from ebay including all mounts and underwater case seems too cheap, or is the quality poor?

I'll make sure to Upload a video when I get it.
It should be an original.
Actually it was an auction.

Please note that we cannot allow the publishing of dashcam footage in the forum, due to legal restrictions and privacy laws in various countries.

jaapv said:
Please note that we cannot allow the publishing of dashcam footage in the forum, due to legal restrictions and privacy laws in various countries.
Oops,okay No worries.

Back