Depressing...

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maby

I went out this morning with a flat battery, so I was expecting the engine to run. However I was surprised when it carried on running quite fast for a couple of minutes while standing at the lights - till I noticed the fan running quite fast too and warm air coming out of the vents - running the engine to warm up the car! Ho-hum... :)

anko said:
Still don't fancy an EVOnly option?

Wouldn't have worked with a flat battery! The depressing thing is that the summer is coming to an end and the car feels the need for heating...

maby said:
Wouldn't have worked with a flat battery!
Indeed. I thought you were so depressed, you didn't think of that yourself. So I ignored it :mrgreen:
Didn't realise you were depressed as a result of dropping temps and not because of your running engine :oops: ;)

anko said:
Indeed. I thought you were so depressed, you didn't think of that yourself. So I ignored it :mrgreen:
Didn't realise you were depressed as a result of dropping temps and not because of your running engine :oops: ;)

My engine runs for at least 6 hours per week, so I'm not going to get depressed about an extra ten minutes! The depressing thing is that long, slow downhill towards short days and grey damp weather - six months to go before we can look forward to long, warm days!

Ahhhhh !! the longer warm days are soon coming. So will the S*#t 40+ days and then it will get colder again.

I can confirm that more depressing is the reduced petrol economy running in series hybrid mode. about 1L/100km worse at the 70kph speed without the clutch engaging.

maby said:
anko said:

My engine runs for at least 6 hours per week, so I'm not going to get depressed about an extra ten minutes! The depressing thing is that long, slow downhill towards short days and grey damp weather - six months to go before we can look forward to long, warm days!

Oh Maby, don't get depressed - we are still the right side of the equinox, maybe still got the time and opportunity for a BBQ or two yet before the depressing Christmas adverts start!

Back