Dog Guard

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StevePHEV

Anyone have the Mitsubishi dog guard, and know the best prices?

I don't have the required dog but I would prefer one due to a rear facing baby seat, and the risk of anything coming over the back seats.

Wouldn't a safety net be more practical?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ME-MY-PET-DOG-CAT-CAR-VAN-SAFETY-NET-GUARD-FRONT-BACK-SEAT-BARRIER-NYLON-MESH-/350929430816

the net looks a lot cheaper, but not sure how it would cope with a tool box or something flying forward in an accident.

On my previous car (Discovery) the dog guard was very solid and would have stopped most things should the worst happen.

The mits I one fits top like a glove, also has the cut out slot for middle seat belt to come through. £155 ish fitted dear but even though my dogs are border terriers, 9kg in weight, Kinetic energy is around 4380 J of energy would kill dog and possibly whatever it hit inside.
A very small price to pay. NB once fitted, you need Allen key to remove side parts, one side only should do.

I hope you don't mind me hijacking your thread a little......

Can anyone tell me how (i.e. to what) the Mitsu dog guard is attached? Also, how does it cope with the changeable recline of the back seats?

Thank you! :)

Hi
The top fits in the rear small windows and2 long metal rods one each side fit into the securing points behind rear seats. Seats can recline, load cover in most rear fitting position
Mike

So the dog guard doesn't move with the seats? If you put them upright, I guess then that is a gap behind headrest and the dog guard?

Yes that's right. The seats still move but the DG is fixed. To take them out you also have to use Allen key to remove one end. I haven't needed to do this but obviously you can only load to that height across the width of the car.
Hope that makes sense. I got them with car and they were fitted for me. The bumper protector below tailgate is good as well. Bought as part of the pack, see accessories under protection on M O website.

Before I purchase one, has anyone got a Dog Guard spare that they no longer need?

Looking for one for my MY '16

Oh that could work out. I am based in Manchester but actually going to Southampton this weekend so if I have room in the car I could meet you at a service station if you wanted to do a deal?

Back