EV System Service Required

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tia679

Hi guys. I live in Fiji and last year in March I bought a Mitsubishi Outlander phev 2014 from the previous owner and I'm still paying off the car. This car was imported from Australia and the car did not come with the electric charger. About 3 months ago on a Sunday, I was on my way to my aunts place when it was raining. I crossed a pool of water (about 3 inches deep) when all of a sudden the car started slowing down and the EV System Service Required, ACC Service Required and RBF Service requrd appeared on the screen. The car then came to a stop. I went on panic mode as this was the first time it had ever happened to me. Luckily, my home was not too far off so I managed to to start the car, moved about 5 meters ahead on every stop until i reached home. 2 mechanics came to check the car. One of them said after running a diagnostic test suggested I buy a new battery pack coz the old battery is dead. The other said it could be an electrical problem. The problem here in Fiji we have alot of mechanics who cannot be trusted and are crooks.
Can anyone please please know what could really be wrong with my car? I mean the car turns on but it can't move any longer. I am desperate for help.. I really need to know if I need to buy whatever needs to be replaced. Please help this lady driver and first time car owner. 😩😩🙏

Hi!
This is water inside the battery.
You can repair it. You need to remove, open and drain the battery.
Here is some reports with the same problem
https://www.drive2.ru/l/585606491097012837/

Hi there..thank you so much for your reply.

Ok, I will have to hire a tow truck to tow my SUV to a garage. Hopefully, my car will be able to operate again. Will be updating soon. Thanks again.

Ask the garage master about cost of repairing.

Maybe in your case this is cheaper to buy a new one battery and replace this one.

In my country i can buy battery for 2000 usd or repair old for 300 usd. That's why i prefer to repair.

After all, for 3 months the battery could be damaged inside with rust, because water is aggressive. So you have a risk to open battery and find out that cmu controllers are rusty and unavailable, or the precharge resistor is broken, and needs to be replaced.

Think carefully.

Ah, second-hand (possibly from one stolen from Wester Europe?) - even cheaper after Putin's faux pas has collapsed the Rouble :lol:

greendwarf said:
Ah, second-hand (possibly from one stolen from Wester Europe?) - even cheaper after Putin's faux pas has collapsed the Rouble :lol:

RHD japan import, crashed new or old cars with japan guarantee replased battery. Usually 82-92% soh.
Now all operations stopped.

😫😫 I was told to buy a new battery pack and it's going to take me months to save up for a new one. I just don't know where to order it from online too.. I'll have to check online if Australia sells it.

It probably won't be easy, working from Fiji, but here's a potential candidate:

https://www.hybridbatteryrebuild.com.au

AndyInOz said:

Thank you so much. I appreciate the help. Would you also happen to know the model no. for an air conditioner evaporator coil for the Outlander PHEV 2014?

Tia679 said:
AndyInOz said:

Thank you so much. I appreciate the help. Would you also happen to know the model no. for an air conditioner evaporator coil for the Outlander PHEV 2014?

Why are you asking about evaporator? Usually this is no need information.

amiralnar said:
Tia679 said:
AndyInOz said:

My air-condition stopped working and I was told that I needed to replace the evaporator coil. The mechanicshad said that they will need to remove parts of my car to check the model no which ofcourse they will charge me too for. Do I just look up for the part online or is there a specific type for the Outlander as I was also told there are different evaporator coil for different types of cars.

Tia679 said:
amiralnar said:
Tia679 said:

My air-condition stopped working and I was told that I needed to replace the evaporator coil. The mechanicshad said that they will need to remove parts of my car to check the model no which ofcourse they will charge me too for. Do I just look up for the part online or is there a specific type for the Outlander as I was also told there are different evaporator coil for different types of cars.

Our air conditioning system contain two evaporators at the same time. One inside the cabin for driver and second inside the battery for cooling cells.

If they search leakage then it may be the same problem with your battery, if there is damaged conditioner pipes or joints down there.

Use only special POE oil in the conditioner system.

amiralnar said:
Tia679 said:
amiralnar said:

Our air conditioning system contain two evaporators at the same time. One inside the cabin for driver and second inside the battery for cooling cells.

If they search leakage then it may be the same problem with your battery, if there is damaged conditioner pipes or joints down there.

Use only special POE oil in the conditioner system.

Yes, there is leakage on the air con.
Thank you so much for your assistance and advise. I'm grateful for all the help and I'm learning alot here. Much appreciated.

I seem to remember that mechanical repairs to the AirCon is second only to the drive battery replacement in costs due to the work involved :eek:

Back