Extension Cable Accessory

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jthspace

Hi,

I have been thinking of one of these for ages but never bothered. However, parking the car in front of the dining room window became a bit of a pain, so I invested in one of these.

type1-ext-600x600.jpg

Not exactly cheap, but now the car is in its normal place and the extension is plugged in and charging normally. I bought the 3 metre extension in bright green (it does lay across the side entrance, so nice and bright and eye-catching). It came with a bag so it can be put in the boot cubby-tray.

The plug has the small padlock hole in it so you can lock the original plug to the extension socket and the extension lead plug to the car.

I looked around to see if it was cheaper to buy the plugs / sockets / wiring separately and make my own cable up but it worked out, basically, the same price.

It is currently charging the car and there seems to be no issues.

Jeff

I have the 32Amp 5m version of this.

The first cable that I was sent tripped my house RCD, the replacement that turned up on Monday works fine.

Cost a fair bit, though cheaper than moving my EV Charger.

Direct link to the product: https://evcables.co.uk/evcables/j1772-type-1-extension-cable/

They were excellent with support etc, the extension was cheaper than moving my current EV charger to the other side of the garage (who on earth thought a 3m lead is long enough for a domestic EV charger?).

Back