Facelift GX4h - Phone connection

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barnfather

Just picked up my GX4h from the dealers.

When I had the demo GX3h (pre-facelift), if you made a hands-free call from an iPhone, after a few minutes it would disconnect the phone and revert to audio coming from the phone and not the speakers. I know the 'fix' for this is to disable wifi on the phone.

Coming back from the dealer and driving through Nottingham, I called a friend and had an uninterrupted call for 25 mins. Great, I thought....it's resolved. A bit later, when driving through countryside, I called another friend but this time the system would disconnect the phone, beep and a couple of seconds later re-connect. After doing this four or five times, I hung up.

Is this still the wifi issue? It seemed to try reconnecting on this car, where the demo car wouldn't - so something has changed. I just can't work out why the first call went okay and the second didn't.

Any ideas?

Hi Barnfather,

I also have a MY16 facelift gh4 and yes the reported Bluetooth disconnect issue is still there.

If you have an iPhone simply find the car network and change the settings on the network to manual... Do the following steps

1) go to settings
2) select wifi
3) click little I symbol on the car network when connected.
4) make a note of IP address, subnet mask & DNS... You don't need the router option.
5) change the highlighted option at top of screen from dhcp to static
6)re-enter the details you noted down before into the relevant box... Note router should be empty.
7) save the settings and away you go.

These settings will allow you to still use the car network but will also allow access to 3G/4g when connected to the car and will also stop the disconnects as the phone won't automatically connect to the car wifi... You will have to select it from your wifi list.

Hope this helps. Work a treat for me

Hi!

Just to say for me this dosent help, for some reason the car is still pushing to connect and it is interupting the phoneconnection.

Only solution that seems to work is turning Wifi of for me :-(

Even now I have a new phone that I havent paired with the car it is interrupting when wifi is on.

br
Michael

I still get problems with my Android (Kit-Kat) 'phone, dropping AND deleting the address book.
Thank goodness I no longer work and have to use the 'phone all the time.
I just don't understand Mitsubishi with all their wonderful prowess in the EV area. They fit a last decade Sat Nav (which I would PAY to get rid of) and a bluetooth 'phone connection which is simply not fit for purpose.
At least I discovered how and managed to get the App connected to my mobile eventually which The Dealer, Mitsubishi technical and Sony could not do.
Makes you wonder doesn't it? 70 year old numpty beats all the techies! :lol:
Anybody else having App connection problems on Android PM me!

I'm confused (not for the first time) - whatever your phone is doing with WiFi shouldn't have any effect on your ability to make calls (unless you're using Skype or some similar app for 'voice over data'). Certainly if I connect to the car's network at home (to monitor charging state), I can still make and receive calls over the mobile network. Bluetooth is designed to be independent of and uninfluenced by WiFi networks (even though they use similar radio frequencies), so again should not be affected by the car's WiFi. I don't use an iPhone, so can't comment on the particulars of that kit.

What's your gripe with the sat-nav, Carnut? I had to use mine 'in anger' for the first time on Tuesday morning. It 'spotted*' a blockage on the M25 and rerouted me round the South Circular - it even came up with a "traffic conditions have changed, would you like an alternate route" message, but as I was only a couple of miles from my destination, I left it alone. I like the split screen options, which my top-end Android phone can't do.

* Where does the sat-nav get it's traffic info from? The dealer told me it's from data in the DAB multiplex - is that right?

Have a look at the thread 'WiFi Kills Apps ', it's the best 79p I've spent and it cured any call drop outs!

Codriver said:
Have a look at the thread 'WiFi Kills Apps ', it's the best 79p I've spent and it cured any call drop outs!

Well, I be **** :p

Installed this app "Wifi Priority" as suggested in that thread, configured it and now the phone dont try to autoconnect to the car any more.

I havent used it talking in the phone yet but I really hope this is the salvation I beeen waiting for :)

Thank you for the tip!

BR
Michael

UPDATE:
I am sorry to say this didnt help, the phone is not connecting to the network of the car, but still, having Wifi enabled on the phone interrupts the call over bluetooth.
I use Bluetooth connection to speak on my motorbike, at work and in my boat and have no problems what so ever, so this is really something wrong in the system of the car and I cant se why it is so hard for Mitsubishi to solve this :evil:

I just find it is far too unnecessarily complicated. Garmin every time for me. SO simple. What really annoys me since I cannot remember when I last needed sat nav, is that you can't turn the damn thing off. I know I am an OAP but I still have enough marbles rattling round in my head to know where I am when I start off, nor do I need to know where I am all the time! I just want the EV monitoring screen (trip) on, so I have to sit there doing the Mitsubishi equivalent of a pre-flight check before I drive off!
I have even removed the SD card to solve the problem but then NOTHING works on the screen!
Chris Miller said:-
What's your gripe with the sat-nav, Carnut? I had to use mine 'in anger' for the first time on Tuesday morning. It 'spotted*' a blockage on the M25 and rerouted me round the South Circular - it even came up with a "traffic conditions have changed, would you like an alternate route" message, but as I was only a couple of miles from my destination, I left it alone. I like the split screen options, which my top-end Android phone can't do.

* Where does the sat-nav get it's traffic info from? The dealer told me it's from data in the DAB multiplex - is that right?[/quote]

Back