few quetions

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leonfoto

Hi, sorry but I guess these will have been asked before, but as an ex Honda Forum owner I know you forum guys are always happy to help.

1, are there any viable charging memberships available now the motorway charge points generally charge £6?
I'm bolton based and usually visit Rochdale, Chorley where a quick 20 minute stop would have been good, now ecotricity are charging
:(

2, is there a way to get the foot-well lighting to stay on longer? or permanently while the headlights are on?

3. acronyms RWD, ICE what are they? this PHEV thing is new to me.

4, does the range of battery actually mean anything? I never get close to the stated range no matter how carefully I drive?

5, range, I have seen people on here state 500 miles from a tank of Petrol. I filled mine for the first time this weekend the read out stated I had 320 miles, is this as random as the EV range readout?

6, If going on the motorway how much more fuel do you brn charging the battery ready for town driving at the other end?

thats it then. thanks for your time :)

I'm a Newbie but will pass on my limited experience over the last 2 weeks

1. I've bought a lead like the Mitsubishi offering for a fraction of the price off the net but so far only used charge your car app to get a charge nr York while shopping for £1.20 (15p/kW) I'm using zap map and charge your car app to find chargers with no membership at moment

2. Sorry no idea

3. Rear wheel drive and internal combustion engine come to mind?

4. Range so far is falling short of 32 before ICE kicks in but on long runs with regeneration I'm seeing a lot of EV usage so probably exceeding EV range on them - on a 165 mile trip it showed 56% EV which would be over 90 miles unless I misunderstood

5. I've done 650 miles now on a £40 tank fill when collecting and still over 1/3 tank left because I do a lot of short trips and recharge between

6. I've not tried recharge while driving but 3 long trips showed 69, 57 and 44 mpg using mainly petrol after battery depleted

I was getting 35 out of a 2016 Land Rover Discovery Sport diesel with new efficient ingenium engine so I'm chuffed with phev

I too am a relative newbie as I have only had my car for a few days over 7 months. My car and I have enjoyed over 19,000 miles together.

1. I agree with Muddywheels - use Zap Map. Though personally I never plan trips around charge points, if it's there I'll use one (for free) if not; that's what petrol's for

2. You can adjust the length of time the interior lights stay on using the cars own app on your phone, but they will always go out the match ment you start the car

Top Tip - Download 'Wifi Priority' from your App Store before logging into the car to play with the miriad of setting you can change so you can then use this app to stop your car and phone over-riding you and talking to each other at the expense of what you want them to do..

3. Muddywheels is correct

4. Battery range varies a lot depending on your driving style, local terrain, time of year, accessories in use such as heating, air con, lights, heated rear window etc. You will see a lot of reference on hear to the Guessometer for that reason. Personally, I don't worry about it, if I have charge I use it, if not, then petrol will do

5. I travel the country for work, so spend a lot of time on the motorway cruising at a sat Nav regulated 70 mph where possible. In a recent 2 day 800 mile business trip to St Ives in Cornwall with various detours on the way down, my petrol consumption was 37 mpg, which for an 1800Kg brick is pretty good.

Yet, when I drive home from the office with a full charge, I never fail to get less then 850 mpg for the 12 miles, because the ICE only comes on to help with a couple of steep hills , the rest is pure EV

6. I use recharge on all journeys where the battery has run down when approaching my final destination, which is included in my mpg figures above. I really can't be bothered to see if there's a difference, but I suspect it is minimal.

Take a few weeks to get used to the car, enjoy the comfort and silence and develop your own driving style and routines.

Very good advice from Richard. I'd only quibble about the need for the 'WiFi Priority'. If you're using an iPhone, it appears to be needed, but most* modern Android phones can cope perfectly well with connecting to a WiFi system having no Internet access while continuing to use mobile data.

* There are relatively few statements that are true for all Android phones.

Just like Richard I don't plan journeys around charge points but will use one if there and only slightly more expensive than a home charge (10p/kW) :cool:

I assumed when ICE is running after batteries depleted it automatically recharges the batteries but reading Richards comments do I need to press switch enroute if not going to be able to recharge at destination :?

No problem with WiFi on my android phone either :D

Once the battery is depleted the car will charge a little then use a little for the rest of your journey. The gauge may rise a little only to drop to nothing again.
You can also see what's going on on the power flow diagram on the dash.
Only if you press charge will the battery be effectively charged.
Save attempts to hold the charge at the point it was at when pressed but that will depend on traffic and terrain and your right foot so varies up and down too although I have noticed that it gains over a longer distance.

Back