First time out

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Estuaryview

Got the car yesterday 80 miles today full charge this morning
Motorway all day 39 mpg about what I had planned on for fast rums so quite happy with that

Just from the trip computer I did about 20 on ev as fans on but no ac then the rest about 70 without charging on the move. I had worked on getting high 30s as worst case to make it worth it but will hope to get better when I play about with it. Any tips would be great. Love it so far drives very smooth and plenty of power. Thanks

The "plenty of power" remark gives you away.;) As you get used to the car and drive more smoothly your mileage will improve.

I have found that there is a huge difference between 70 and above 70 on fuel consumption. On long motorway journeys from fully charged and then one fast charge during the trip I am getting 45mpg. That is for 300 mile journeys with the cruise control at 70 no aircon. No longer use Eco mode as it does not seem to make any difference.

CJ

Last night I did a 90mile round trip. Outward journey in day light with sun roof open.Return journey in darkness obviously with lights on and radio playing. There were four adults in the car and a load of gear in the back and I was towing our trailer which is over a ton gross. I didn't hang about i.e 50 on single carriageway and 60 on dual carriageways. After 1st 10 miles on EV, I selected 'save' until 10 miles from home on the return. Not counting the EV part of the trip, it did 30 mpg petrol according to the display. The displays are only a guide. Part way to my destination it showed 65.5 mpg ??????. Only true way to find out is to fill the tank, zero the trip, keep note of charging costs, drive 3 or 400 miles , fill up again and do the math. A similar trip in my last car - a 7 seat Kia Sedona 2.9 TD - would have consumed 27/28 mpg and diesel is more expensive than unleaded. A no brainer for me. I'm amazed at how much the car will pull, even when loaded, on battery power. See link below

http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t&fd=R&ct2=uk&usg=AFQjCNE-Fo0pFRgziJ--G3DtH-cTtmoXeA&cnm=a272426d351454f0e30df6b365c65d9f&sr=1&clid=a272426d351454f0e30df6b365c65d9f&cid=52778888599395&ei=yt2OVbjyNYPNaIXWkuAC&sig2=M0j83a2JQ9BHngF3KwA4yg&rid=77ee68b3-af47-4f27-85fc-c390a96d0baf&url=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/transport/11699426/Mitsubishi-Outlander-is-top-UK-plug-in-as-electric-car-sales-surge.html

jaapv said:
The "plenty of power" remark gives you away.;) As you get used to the car and drive more smoothly your mileage will improve.

Unless, like me, you realise that with both the engine and the motors running flat out, it moves like excrement off the digging implement - that your fuel economy drops significantly. I had a Range Rover Sport behind me getting impatient on the A3 - he wondered what I was driving when I put my foot down.

maby said:
jaapv said:

Unless, like me, you realise that with both the engine and the motors running flat out, it moves like excrement off the digging implement - that your fuel economy drops significantly. I had a Range Rover Sport behind me getting impatient on the A3 - he wondered what I was driving when I put my foot down.
Your phev must be different to mine, because although it is not slow I would not say it is anything like excrement off the shovel and is not that fast compared to even the smallest engined RR sport.
Edit: just looked up a few figures from what car and auto car.
Phev measured times 0-60 9.4secs, 30-70 8.7 secs, top speed 106 mph
RR sport V6 diesel measured times 0-60 6.8secs, 30-70 7.5 secs, top speed 130 mph.
So the phev is slower than a RR sport, but not too far short on 30-70 roll on acceleration.

I love the pace of mine when i want it. It seems to be optimally quick in the useful bit from 50-90mph.

"On closed roads" it runs in to a wall about 108MPH but it is pulling well right up to that point and doesn't sound stressed so i imagine the limit is electronic.

Back