First UK service tomorrow (1 year/12K miles) - any tips?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hypermiler

Hi all. OH is taking car in tomorrow. It has done just over 11,500 miles and will be 1 on 25 June. I have the service plan so presume everything will be included in that...

Is there anything I should be getting him to ask the garage - is there any data we can get on state of the battery? I would be interested to know miles travelled with the ICE on vs with it off etc - do they get that sort of info on their diagnostic kit?

There were a couple of faults people have had - a leaky/corroded something on the axle and an unfinished piece of trim at the back (not that I have noticed a knocking noise). Is there anything else I should be asking them to check.

The garage is about 35 motorway miles away and it is a pain the proverbial to take it there so want to make sure everything gets sorted at once.

From my point of view the car has behaved perfectly and I don't have any issues with it that need sorting - touch wood.
Cheers in advance
H

You could ask them to do a battery condition check ( at a small additional charge). It won't tell you much right now as there is no previous value, but it could be a handy reference point in the future.

Yes, ask them to check the condition of the oil seals around the electric motors. My PHEV has been in the garage for 3 weeks already with this problem.

I doubt they will do anything about the boot trim. To us owners it appears unfinished, but it is how Mitsubishi had it leave the factory and any attempt to "fix" it will be a modification of some kind (either drilling a hole or using cable ties etc.).
Mine is going in for service number 1 in a few weeks if I can figure out a way to get it to the garage and then back to pick it up.

Can you ask when are they going to fix the bluetooth problem where while playing a video on a smartphone with the audio out to the bluetooth system on the car, they don't sync properly! :(

Just heard back from the lease company and they are able to collect my car from work for the service and drop it back at the end of the day which is great.
What is not so great is they have arranged the service at the local Mini dealer, I have queried if they are able to work on the PHEV but at the moment the answer seems to be yes. So my first service will be a mini adventure!

jkh112 said:
Just heard back from the lease company and they are able to collect my car from work for the service and drop it back at the end of the day which is great.
What is not so great is they have arranged the service at the local Mini dealer, I have queried if they are able to work on the PHEV but at the moment the answer seems to be yes. So my first service will be a mini adventure!

It will be interesting to see if they actually do it. In my experience with the Prius, few garages other than main dealers will be willing to touch a hybrid on health and safety grounds. There is a battery under there capable of delivering several hundred volts at high currents and once they understand that, they tend to run a mile!

Err... The car is supposed to be hooked up to the factory in Japan by Internet to download the logbooks and update relevant software ( the steering for instance - mine had that one a couple of weeks ago) to retain the guaranty.
A fault in the brake system was rectified by reloading the firmware a few months ago, again from Japan after analysis of the data by factory techs, it could not be done locally.
It is more than doubtful that a Mini dealer will be anywhere near able to do so. I would contact Mitsubishi about this if I were you

I have already asked for written confirmation that the garage can do this work. I am not too worried about the guarantee as it is a lease car and it is the lease company choosing the garage. I am aware of the software updates etc. but thought there some EU ruling that meant a car does not have to go to the main dealer for servicing in order to keep the guarantee I place.
I will let you know if it goes to the mini garage and what they are able to do.

jkh112 said:
I have already asked for written confirmation that the garage can do this work. I am to too worried about the guarantee as it is a lease car and it is the lease company choosing the garage. I am aware of the software updates etc. but thought there some EU ruling that meant a car does not have to go to the main dealer for servicing in order to keep the guarantee I place.
I will let you know if it goes to the mini garage and what they are able to do.

There was a ruling which said that manufacturers could not insist on servicing by a main dealer to validate the warranty, but they can still insist that the service is done correctly. Provided Mitsubishi allow a non-main-dealer to purchase the required equipment and take the appropriate training, they will be meeting their obligations - given the small number of PHEVs on the road, I doubt that any independents will be rushing to do that any time soon.

If its anything like my experience the lease company booked it in with a non Mitsu garage. The garage took it first thing and brought it back at 11.00 saying they couldn't do it.

hey hypermiler, what a coincidence, mine is also in today for 1st service! Maidenhead Mitsubishi. Mines only 11 months but went thru 12k miles (19k km).
HJB

Hi all
Thanks for the suggestions - I have sent DH with a list - I don't think he'll be asking about the bluetooth sync issue though so perhaps you could call your dealer to ask? It isn't something we have any experience of (watching video on a smartphone and using the car audio is a bit advanced for us!).

Will feedback with our experience in due course - hoping there won't be much to report to be honest. I will be interested to see whether they give it a valet and whether he gets it back charged...(which would be nice and doesn't cost them much - I mean I wouldn't expect a full tank of petrol from them but a full battery would be handy.)

Good luck with your service HJB...
H

Just took a call from the lease company. They have booked my PHEV in at the local Mitsubishi dealer for the service.

Got mine back. Only extra was an air con gas flush? Didn't cost me so I didn't question. Car washed too! Not charged is the only minor gripe when they have a 16A charger on the wall.
HJB

aitchjaybee said:
Got mine back. Only extra was an air con gas flush? Didn't cost me so I didn't question. Car washed too! Not charged is the only minor gripe when they have a 16A charger on the wall.
HJB
this is new for me, commenting on my own post. Overnight thought about my minor gripe of it not being charged at all, i would not have expected a dealer to put petrol/diesel in my other car when servicing so why did i have an expectation of a free elec top up? Told myself off, am now fully happy with service!
HJB

aitchjaybee said:
this is new for me, commenting on my own post. Overnight thought about my minor gripe of it not being charged at all, i would not have expected a dealer to put petrol/diesel in my other car when servicing so why did i have an expectation of a free elec top up? Told myself off, am now fully happy with service!
HJB

Mine came back charged but not washed, apparently they didn't have time to do both, and thought charge would be more useful - they probably took one look at my car and saw how much mud was on the car!

Back