Fitting new sidelight bulbs

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Padped

Hi all

I've tried to fit replacement led sidelight bulbs bought as described in the modifications thread but struggling to see how to fit them.

The manual is vague but implies you go in through the main dipped beam but that seems miles from the actual location of the sidelights ( right out on the she of the glass area next to the wing). With the hid (4h model) main beam having a voltage warning symbol as well I wasn't keen at trying this.

Can anyone advise or point me at a video?

Hi,
The sidelight bulbs are a little hard to find. I turned the sidelights on and the stuck my hand where the lights are and wiggled a cable to see if the sidelight bulb moved. On the nearside you may need to remove a plastic "thing" (easy though).
The hardest part for me was pulling the existing bulbs out as they are a tight fit and there is only the actual glass to pull at.
Kind regards,
Mark

By all means turn on your side lights, to help locate them, but probably best to turn them off before you remove them. Once the led bulbs were put into the holders, I found it hard to locate the holes to refit them.

MHS said:
By all means turn on your side lights, to help locate them, but probably best to turn them off before you remove them. Once the led bulbs were put into the holders, I found it hard to locate the holes to refit them.
Hi,
Likewise, the holes were hard to find. So again, I turned the sidelights back on and looked the the light from them through the glass so I could "steer" the light towards the hole.
Kind regards,
Mark

Ok have located the right cables but I can't get them to come out. No obvious clip to undo but don't seem to want to come by pulling for the amount of force I'm prepared to put on them as don't want to snap any plastic.

Any hints much appreciated!

A quarter turn will release the bulb holder (I forget which way ) and then remove the bulb from the holder with a firm pull straight out - use a latex glove for more grip if neccessary.

Back