Outlander phev 64 dipped headlights

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear Dear!? I thought owner forums were a kind of help and support mechanism for like minded people.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding the vitriol? is it all in jest?
Can't actually see how the front fog lights would help compared to a good set of up-scaled dipped and main beams.
Normally I associate clear day or night front foglight drivers with Yutes or aggressive driving, sometimes perhaps Walter Mitty secret agents or wannabe rally drivers, but the lights themselves arn't usually a dazzle issue and at least the lights give you a heads up of impending dodgy undercutting or fag paper overtaking techniques, so keep 'em on I say :-D

littlescrote said:
I'm so glad that there are other civilised and law abiding citizens with some common sense on this forum. As said, Londoners in particular seem to think they are somehow better than others despite living like rats in tunnels and spreading disease.

Who's up for a troll hunt? :twisted:

Whatever else, I once got pulled over by a local Constable Plod for driving my PHEV with fog lights on a clear day. When I explained that those were the legally required DLRs, he was dragged into his van by his lady partner and drove off red-faced.
Anyway, we are allowed -even encouraged- to get out and about, provided we practice social distancing and avoid clustering in groups. No hardship - and I didn't use my fog lights (in this case it was even a justifiable run - I drove to my practice to check on protective gear that had come in.)

Attachments

• self--.jpg
    self--.jpg
    431.9 KB · Views: 13
The laws in the Netrherlands must be different to the UK.

We are not allowed out except for a very restricted list of reasons that are basically for absolutely essential reasons e.g. work (but only for essential occupations), getting food or medical supplies and an hour a day for exercise, you are not allowed to drive more than approx five minutes to another location for that exercise.

Going for drive round is not allowed which is frustrating as I also own a Triumph and also being over 70 I am not even allowed the restricted list but as I don't want to get Covid-19 or pass it on I comply with the regulations unlike too many people who for some reason think the restrictions are optional.

We are rather more pragmatic, making for a 95% compliance ( and 99% acceptance according to polls) with virtually no need for policing. Driving in your own car will infect nobody, nor taking fresh air at a sensible social distance. We try to flatten the curve whilst carrying on as normally as is possible. For instance, busy beaches are closed to prevent crowding, but solitary walks in nature are encouraged, to promote general health. The draconic measures taken in some other countries would result in herding frogs over here. People need to understand the rationale - and it is working. I'm over seventy as well, but I work in an essential service, however, I don't need to prove that to anyone, I take my own responsibility.

Katmandu said:
We are not allowed out except for a very restricted list of reasons that are basically for absolutely essential reasons e.g. work (but only for essential occupations)

That's not true. In the UK we are allowed to go to any place of work for any kind of work, as long as that work cannot be done from home and you are able to practise effective distancing. I am doing so. I think a lot of people have misunderstood this and have stopped woring and companies will go under or the taxpayer will suffer for no good reason.

I agree the ban on non-essential car journeys seem strange, but consider:

You have a crash and medical assistance is required.

And maybe you end up in a hospital, maybe even in an ICU ?

About as unlikely as a world-wide virus pandemic I'd say.

Back