Great headlight upgrade :)

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just fitted Osram main beam to 2016 model spent some time trying to find screw as on first posts to get the bulb out it it would appear it is just a case of turning the bulb anticlock wise to get it out I should have check handbook and saved some time ! cost of bulbs £21 the pair very easy fix if you are not looking for screw ! and please with results

I did try an LED main beam upgrade. Was not as good as an HID main beam upgrade.

The HID have a warm up time when cold.

I have a Great White LED bar, and HID main beam with 2xVenom HID pencil beam spots.

The LED I purchased were very white light and watery beams, and interfered with radio reception.

Hi Trevort.

I too am interested to change the Full beam which is brown colour compared the the bi Led's on the MY16 4HS I have.

Really needed them on the continent recently.

Would you be kind enough to tell me where you got them and if you have an internet link so I am buying the same thing.

Thanks for making the posting as its the most up to date about this issue.

Regards

Alan

2016 GX4HS, Pearl White.

trevort said:
just fitted Osram main beam to 2016 model spent some time trying to find screw as on first posts to get the bulb out it it would appear it is just a case of turning the bulb anticlock wise to get it out I should have check handbook and saved some time ! cost of bulbs £21 the pair very easy fix if you are not looking for screw ! and please with results

Hi, my Osram high beam lights arrived this week from Amazon. I tried to install them on my 2016 model this morning. The manual makes it sound sooooo easy. I got the cap off no probs, but for the life of me I couldn't turn the bulb anticlockwise to release it. I tried and tried in wane in the cold (2 degrees) on both sides - they wouldn't shift. Any hints or tips on how to get factory fitted lights out?

Herbie

alanjohnnorman said:
What is the link please for these Osram Lights

Many thanks

Alan

Hi Alan

I got these - https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Car-Lights-Bulbs-Indicators/BREAKER-UNLIMITED-halogen-headlamp-9005NBU-HCB/B00FQ8ANVC/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1485118410&sr=1-1&keywords=OSRAM+NIGHT+BREAKER+UNLIMITED+HB3

Herbie

Hi Alan,

I bought these and have them mounted. They blend in better with the medium beams in terms of color and in the center I can no longer see the medium beam "light/dark" transition. But a few degrees to the side and the medium beams still overpower them.

I can no longer compare them with the originals as I had the originals only for a day or two, but my first reaction was a disappointed "ohhhh didn't solve it completely". Also I hear the life of these is not great (but as high beams it should be OK since they are not normally on - perhaps in outback Australia this is not true, Trex? :)

Anyway, today I would probably buy them again (its not a huge investment), but they do not completely solve the "wimpy" highbeams issue (compared with the medium beams).

Cheers,
Ricardo

alanjohnnorman said:
Thank you Herbie.

Did you manage to fit them yet ?

No, I can't get the current ones out to put these in. I'm hoping someone in the forum will have some words of wisdom on the matter. As a last resort I can take it to the dealer but I can't see them charging less than £50 to change 2 light bulbs.

Hi hvaghela,

I remember I struggled for a few seconds doing it, but there is a magic gesture that will get the job done (sorry, cant remember more details). If I recall correctly you have to slightly twist it. Try to also push a bit inwards or slightly outwards while doing it.

I note this topic has had over 10,000 views - possibly more than any other? What a shame something as piffling as decent high beams should let down this high-tech vehicle. Are you listening Mitsu?

Anybody discussed the possible impact on the 'electrics' warranty of a main beam upgrade with their dealers/Mitsubishi?

Hi drdel,

At the time I checked the specs of the lamps, they take the same Amps as the originals (HB3's have to obey the standard - 5A/60W I believe, also here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_automotive_light_bulb_types ) so upstream they have the same impact on the electronics (these lamps are nothing more than a resistance). The lamps themselves are consumables so should have no impact on warranty (assuming that user replacements of consumables are allowed in your law system).

Back