getting used to reverse

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duetto

so used to pulling gear leaver down in prev cars, often put into drive in error.

another senior moment after using reverse forget to reset the "B" setting

any others been caught out on these?

duetto said:
so used to pulling gear leaver down in prev cars, often put into drive in error.

another senior moment after using reverse forget to reset the "B" setting

any others been caught out on these?

Frequently, especially it I have to do it "under stress" e.g. trying to park whilst conscious of holding up other cars :oops:

My problem with it is rather different - the on-off button is in exactly the same position as the Park button on a Prius - I have, on several occasions, come to the traffic lights, absent-mindedly turned the car off and then wondered why on earth it isn't moving as the lights turn green and I push the accelerator. Fortunately, it does get enough systems up and running to be able to move off within a small number of seconds!

I do have a bit of trouble when trying to reverse a trailer in a tight unfamiliar space. Traffic adds a bit to the entertainment. I think that because the joystick has a fixed start position, there is no reference when going from say drive to reverse and there is an occasional time when I have to reverse a sequence to get it right. Has been a while since I got it wrong. I have to fumble for the Power button as it is not visible from my driving position. Why would it be placed behind the wiper. I am going to have to try and reposition the seat and steering wheel to get more room and make it more visible. I have bloke hands and the button is a bit clumsy where it is currently placed. Would much rather it was on the door side of the dash. Maybe I have to reprogram my left hand to do the start function, that was previously a right hand function :lol:

Back