Good News for PHEV - London

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greendwarf

As from today 9 roads in East London barred to petrol & diesels during rush hour to improve air quality. Only EV & Hybrids allowed :mrgreen:

Really? wow. I don't live anywhere near London, but that sounds pretty drastic to ban petrol/diesels during rush hour!

Yes I saw that story on breakfast news. Probably an early indication of things to come, esp from car-hating lefty city councils who would rather no one came unless on a penny farthing made from reclaimed hemp.

It is London though...

So you will first have to take your car to a TFL testing station and have it checked to ensure it has a battery, they will issue you with a half metre sized sticker saying 'TFL Approved' which must be stuck on the middle of the bonnet at all times, the testing fee is £100.

Then you must pay monthly registration of £10 per month and phone TFL 15 minutes before entering the zone to advise them of your intention. On entry you must stop and hold your vehicle registration document up to the camera for 2 minutes. You may still get some sort of ticket, for example for breathing to loudly. :lol:

Seriously though, it does sound a very drastic step, a desperate one in fact to try to meet the air quality standards, over population!

The early adopter drivers of the new hybrid taxi's will be laughing, they will get an exclusive zone for business!

MikkB said:
Yes I saw that story on breakfast news. Probably an early indication of things to come, esp from car-hating lefty city councils who would rather no one came unless on a penny farthing made from reclaimed hemp.

I'd hardly call Westminster "car-hating lefties" - who impose heavier parking fees on diesels but also almost free for EV/PHEVs. For those of us slowly dying from vehicle pollution here in London this is a real issue. :evil:

MikkB said:
I too think we should leave everyone in London to die of poisoning due to the excessive pollution. That'll teach them not to read the Daily Fail :roll:

Back