Got it - and it's really great! But.....

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maby

... how do you get TMC to work???

When I tap the "TMC" button, it pops up a message suggesting that no TMC data is being received and inviting me to let it scam for TMC enabled transmitters - it spends quite a long time doing this and always comes back offering just "Heart" as an option, but still denies receiving TMC data. Radio reception is fine on both FM and (surprisingly) DAB.

Apart from that, it's wonderful! I did the return journey from the dealer almost 100% EV - just under 30 miles and the battery went flat half a mile from home. I plugged it up and got about 50% charge into it before going out in the evening - visiting relatives we did half the journey on electricity. I'm afraid I have no intention of getting into this "How far can you go on the delivery tank?" contest - I'll be filling up every couple of weeks but still very happy with the car - so many buttons and knobs!

At least, I will be very happy if someone can tell me how to get the Traffic Master working!

The TMC is confusing. If you zoom right out on the map before selecting TMC it will then work if there are TMC incidents shown in the map.
Kind regards
Mark

avensys said:
The TMC is confusing. If you zoom right out on the map before selecting TMC it will then work if there are TMC incidents shown in the map.
Kind regards
Mark

Hmmm, definitely confusing - I will give it a try!

Congrats on the new car!

Do you mean TMC for the satnav, or do you mean where the radio cuts in when a station broadcasts local traffic news?

The former is as described above and the later is a setting under 'TP' in the audio screen.

Stu said:
Congrats on the new car!

Do you mean TMC for the satnav, or do you mean where the radio cuts in when a station broadcasts local traffic news?

The former is as described above and the later is a setting under 'TP' in the audio screen.

Yes, I did mean TMC on the satnav - had already worked out traffic announcement broadcasts. Does anyone know if DAB has the equivalent of RDS traffic? I assume that even if I am listening to DAB, traffic announcements and TMC satnav data will be received and processed?

The only other current niggle is that the auto setting on the headlights seems to want to turn them on almost as soon as the sun goes behind a cloud. I went into the configuration screen and turned the sensitivity right down, but it still seems to want to turn the lights on far earlier than I would choose...

The only other current niggle is that the auto setting on the headlights seems to want to turn them on almost as soon as the sun goes behind a cloud. I went into the configuration screen and turned the sensitivity right down, but it still seems to want to turn the lights on far earlier than I would choose...
It is ridiculously oversensitive, even on the lowest setting. Seems odd really, you think they'd have erred the other way :?

Glad you're pleased with it. Look forward to hearing more of your thoughts...

Headlight sensor..
Just a thought I might try this in the morning some sort of opaque sticker stuck on the outside of the wind screen , just might diffuse the light making the sensor less sensitive. It would not have to that big worth a try.

maby said:
... how do you get TMC to work???

When I tap the "TMC" button, it pops up a message suggesting that no TMC data is being received and inviting me to let it scam for TMC enabled transmitters - it spends quite a long time doing this and always comes back offering just "Heart" as an option, but still denies receiving TMC data. Radio reception is fine on both FM and (surprisingly) DAB.
At least, I will be very happy if someone can tell me how to get the Traffic Master working!

Please see my post on subject "TMC".
I have yet to be enlightened about why the MMCS scans but only comes up with "Heart". I get traffic bulletins but, for some unknown reason, if the channel I'm listening to has a bulletin, the sound volume decreases to inaudible whereas bulletins from other stations are at increased volume.
The PHEV has many great features. IMHO the MMCS isn't one of them....

Ozukus said:
maddogsetc said:
IMHO the MMCS isn't one of them....
I think it's fair to say that's the general consensus :!:

Seems to me that most of the complaints about the vehicle on this site are related to the MMCS.

Sounds like Mitsubishi have some work to do in this area.

having played with it for a few hours, I should say that the functionality is not bad, the user interface is not intuitive in several places and the performance is disappointing. They can address the first two of these easily with software updates - it's not obvious whether the performance issues are down to poor programming or underspecified hardware. My guess is that it is down to the programming - it seems to manage some quite processor-intensive functions like speech recognition very easily.

IMHO, most of these complaints about MMCS are due to people being used to their preious vehicle's system and now a system totally different, much more detailed and complicated is put infront of them. Remember it is always hard to break old habits. If people get used to something and then they have to change, there are always complaints.
Don't get me wrong I am not saying MMCS is perfect, it does have its weaker points besides strong ones but being a first time owner of a vehicle with satnav and touch screen controls (yes I do leave in this century but following up from behind :oops: )I find MMCS quite good for a first time effort from a car manufacturer for such a complicated vehicle.

I'm with 'ufo' - I actually find the system not too bad and thats only after having the car a day.
I did need to sit down and thoroughly read the manual, but after that it is quite straight forward to use.
Granted, the very best systems are so intuitive that you don't need to read a manual, but still.....

Kev.

ufo said:
IMHO, most of these complaints about MMCS are due to people being used to their preious vehicle's system and now a system totally different, much more detailed and complicated is put infront of them. Remember it is always hard to break old habits. If people get used to something and then they have to change, there are always complaints.
Don't get me wrong I am not saying MMCS is perfect, it does have its weaker points besides strong ones but being a first time owner of a vehicle with satnav and touch screen controls (yes I do leave in this century but following up from behind :oops: )I find MMCS quite good for a first time effort from a car manufacturer for such a complicated vehicle.

I tend to agree - I think the primary genuine complaint is that it is rather sluggish responding to input. I used the satnav for the first time yesterday coming to Kent from Hertfordshire - the display was clear, it chose a sensible route and the voice guidance was clear and easy to follow. Some of the menu structures are not particularly intuitive - it is obvious that they use a common code base across many models of car - some of the unusual functions only present in the Outlander are buried deep down in the menu structure where they simply spliced them on - they really should have redesigned the interface to make it more accessible. Once you have found a function, it generally seems to work well enough!

IMHO, most of these complaints about MMCS are due to people being used to their preious vehicle's system and now a system totally different, much more detailed and complicated is put infront of them
Certainly not in my case. My top three complaints:

1. Trip data only partially retained in manual reset. I class this as a fault in MMCS.
2. Inability to display mpg in 3 figures. Unforgiveable in a car that claims 148 official mpg.
3. Inconsistencies between screens. I've seen 104mpg on Trip tab 1 (using avensys method of tricking MMCS), 0.0 on Trip tab 3, and --.-- on the speedo display :?

Can't speak for others but I don't think any of these are due to me being not used to the system.

maddogsetc said:
IMHO, most of these complaints about MMCS are due to people being used to their preious vehicle's system and now a system totally different, much more detailed and complicated is put infront of them
Certainly not in my case. My top three complaints:

1. Trip data only partially retained in manual reset. I class this as a fault in MMCS.
2. Inability to display mpg in 3 figures. Unforgiveable in a car that claims 148 official mpg.
3. Inconsistencies between screens. I've seen 104mpg on Trip tab 1 (using avensys method of tricking MMCS), 0.0 on Trip tab 3, and --.-- on the speedo display :?

Can't speak for others but I don't think any of these are due to me being not used to the system.

True - those all seem to be bugs - just not functionality that I'm particularly interested in.

Back