Heated Front Windscreen

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raiders

Has anyone had any success in getting the dealer to maybe adjust the temperature for when the heated front screen will work from. I know it only works from 5c or below. Not sure if this can be adjusted on diagnostics , or has anyone successfully done a modification to make it work above 5c ?
Quite often I could do with the heated screen on when the car is full of people and the front screen tends to mist up rather than having the blowers on.
Cheers

Someone correct me if I'm wrong... but isn't the windshield wiper de-icer controlled by the same switch that de-ices/mists the rear window and the side mirrors?? And you can use them in any temp... at least I do. The de-icer only affects and heats the very bottom portion of the windshield where the wipers sit. Don't think it would work to defog the entire windshield.

pifpaf73 said:
wrong :)

not the same switch , ant it defog the entire windshield. :D

R you talking about the phone/wifi connected defogging/defrosting approach, or is their another button I'm missing that actually heats the front windshield?

In some countries, you can have a heated frontscreen.
If you have this option, the hole screen will be heated.

There is no coding option to change the temperature.

Mitch said:
In some countries, you can have a heated frontscreen.
If you have this option, the hole screen will be heated.

There is no coding option to change the temperature.

Yes but unfortunately only 5c or below. This morning it was 6c and screen completely misted , I could of pre heated using the app if I knew I had to go out but instead I had to sit there with the blowers on for a while. My other cars heated front screen worked whatever temperature.
I was just hoping that there may of been an option on the dealers diagnostics to change the temperature or someone had done a mod to change it somehow.

If you know where the sensor is, you could try tricking it by using ice cubes - worked in our office :idea:

Back