Cold weather temperature spoof

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fjpod

I have a 2020. I'm noticing more and more that my ice comes on when temperatures drop to 50F or below in cooler weather, even when I have a full charge.

I drive a lot of short trips. Two to three miles. My ice doesn't even turn off by the time I get to my destination. I drive slowly. I'm not using the heat, but the ice comes on anyway.

When I had my Prius, someone on a Prius forum had devised a temperature spoof for this "problem" that worked like a charm. It was a simply made little black box with a resistor or two and a potentiometer.... With instructions on where to hook it in to the electrical system of the car.

Has anyone here heard of a similar thing for our Outlander?

I have a 2020. I'm noticing more and more that my ice comes on when temperatures drop to 50F or below in cooler weather, even when I have a full charge.

I drive a lot of short trips. Two to three miles. My ice doesn't even turn off by the time I get to my destination. I drive slowly. I'm not using the heat, but the ice comes on anyway.

When I had my Prius, someone on a Prius forum had devised a temperature spoof for this "problem" that worked like a charm. It was a simply made little black box with a resistor or two and a potentiometer.... With instructions on where to hook it in to the electrical system of the car.

Has anyone here heard of a similar thing for our Outlander?
Yes, I have tried to spoof three of the temperature sensors without any luck on 2018 north american model.
Spoofing the engine coolant sensor gave some vague results (and errors on the dash) but finally I moved to permanent solution by completely disabling the engine when I desire.
Installed an remote switch to main engine relay, works flawlessly third winter already.

Yes, I have tried to spoof three of the temperature sensors without any luck on 2018 north american model.
Spoofing the engine coolant sensor gave some vague results (and errors on the dash) but finally I moved to permanent solution by completely disabling the engine when I desire.
Installed an remote switch to main engine relay, works flawlessly third winter already.
Nice. Are you willing to share the wiring diagram? Or some pics?

Take a look at this, it may help do you what you want - PHEV Box
Available with pure EV mode add-on switch and also cabin temperature probe to stop ICE when using cabin heater.

I have one on my 2015 model, and definitely prevents ICE from starting unless you floor the throttle for "kick-down". The ICE will still start if cabin heater used, but then I don't have the temperature probe or pure EV button add-ons (yet).

Take a look at this, it may help do you what you want - PHEV Box
Available with pure EV mode add-on switch and also cabin temperature probe to stop ICE when using cabin heater.

I have one on my 2015 model, and definitely prevents ICE from starting unless you floor the throttle for "kick-down". The ICE will still start if cabin heater used, but then I don't have the temperature probe or pure EV button add-ons (yet).
Seems terrific, but a bit pricey... And who knows if it will work on a North American 2020?

Back