How about this?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwatpe

charge_time.png

PHEV had been charging for about 1 3/4 hours and I was just passing the car to check on progress.

Even though I am passionate about accessing data from my PHEV, when the car pulls out numbers like this from its own computer, I really have to re-assess what data is believable.

Is that standard then? Is it when you started charging or current time or is it from the remote app (for which I have never found a use...yet!)?

All I've only ever noticed is the red 'plug' lamp on the left of the instruments. I check this is on before I walk away from the car each evening just to make sure it's all connected properly and charging.

(Somebody's going to tell me that app can do that but I find having to change wifi connection to get on it and off it again a pita which is why I don't bother with it anymore. The novelty soon wore off. And I'm used to getting in a cold car on a cold morning too. :roll: )

I can assure you that this is not standard. The maximum time I have seen before is about 5 hours with a completely empty battery. The battery was charging and the pic was taken at 1 3/4 hours into the recharge, from a start at about 1/4 on the gauge.

Was a shame I was not recording the recharge from the cars perspective. Do have the external power record and this showed a normal quite constant power at about 2.2kW.

I have unplugged the car tonight, and will try again tomorrow. Hopefully the systems will have made some adjustments to the estimated time to recharge.

PHEV plugged back in to finish the recharge, and the new calculated time is 1:30. This may be a bug in the calc time for recharge routine.

All I ever get is --:--

Don't know why it can't estimate time remaining. Maybe I don't wait around long enough to check?

The power has to be turned ON and the relay clicked ON in the controller. Mine displays the --:-- same as you when charging has finished. If you use timer charging you probably will never see the estimated time value.

Never seen any wrong figures like this but the "blank" does take a while to disappear at the start of charging to be replaced by an estimate and of course you need the door open - as per picture.

What I did wonder is the reported pauses in charging observed in other data tracking - during these periods the car might re-interpret the estimate in a similar misleading way as the range guessometer. It does seem as inaccurate, as I have often returned to the car before the estimated time to find it fully charged. :D

Back