I don't have DAB as a source but I should!

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonokimber

Well, this is strange. Brand new GX4hs as you can see from my signature. Delivered today, 61 miles on the clock. Love it, tried adaptive cruise on my way home, all good.

Anyway, i'm a regular DAB listener, 5Live a lot and 5Live Sports Extra etc. Imagine my surprise when DAB didn't appear anywhere on the source list or in any menu. Initially I thought it might be a quirk of the spec of the car but no, I should have it and it's just not there, anywhere and believe me i've searched. :oops:

I live within sight of, and about 10 miles from, The Wrekin in Shropshire and if anyone knows this is a dirty great hill with the TV and DAB transmitters on top. I get excellent signal on all devices in the house, sometimes without an aerial so I can safely say that there is a good signal round here as we speak.

I did a bit of forum searching and didn't find this problem so hopefully a new thread is acceptable, especially as my first. Whilst searching I did find the service menu so i've been into that, checked the radio settings page and when clicking onto DAB sensitivity nothing really changed and it seemed 'dead'.

So, any ideas, other than a trip to the local dealer? :?:
Thanks

Jono

The nearest I had was a temporary disappearance of DAB options. They came back after about 20 mins. This has happened a couple of times, but all seems stable at the moment. Yours does sound like a dealer visit. Good luck

If you keep pressing the 'radio' button on the MMCS the radio scrolls through its various bands....DAB, FM, AM and somewhat unbelievably AM (but there's still stuff on there).

Just saying, apologies if you've already done all that.

JimB

Cheers JimB - tried that a thousand times :roll:

Had fun when I went to my local JT Hughes in Telford, they told me that I'd have to take it back to Holdcroft in Stoke as it was a missed PDI check, not a failure in service. Spoke to Holdcroft and they told me that any dealer could have seen 'on the system' that Mitsubishi did the PDI and that any dealer could do the fix under warranty.

Might pop in again tomorrow and see if they can book it in. Will keep you posted.

Jon

Back