Increasing capacity of batteries.

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see numbers like this a lot without any tweeks. :eek:

Never seen the display circled in yellow either.

Phev_PIC.gif

gwatpe said:

I also believe I would see better numbers in summer. But until now highest I have ever seen was 46 km (and 42 done).
I'm afraid that heating eats some as it is freezing winter here.

anko said:
gwatpe said:
At -1 deg C? ;)
gwatpe said:
When a seat is occupied but the seatbelt for that seat is not in use, a little red light appears where that seat is. Two in the front, three in the back.

But what he actually had was the indication that all the air bags front & side are functional - perhaps not in Australia

greendwarf said:
But what he actually had was the indication that all the air bags front & side are functional - perhaps not in Australia
Airbags? I think it is just a picture of a car with one front window and 6 side windows. If the are airbags instead of windows, why is there only one in the front (where there are really two) and three on the sides, where there are most likely just two?

anko said:
greendwarf said:
Airbags? I think it is just a picture of a car with one front window and 6 side windows. If the are airbags instead of windows, why is there only one in the front (where there are really two) and three on the sides, where there are most likely just two?

Quite right I'm writing rubbish :oops: - as pointed out it is where the unfastened seat belt warning lights appear and also one for the tailgate if not shut properly.

The tweaks to the ECU etc, do not increase the battery capacity. Modification of the settings that affect battery drawdown that gives increased range, at the expense of a deeper discharge, will reduce battery life expectancy. I expect that the battery will see out the warranty, with any usage. Any usage that will extend the total life of the battery is a better option, as replacement will be owner funded.

gwatpe said:

Phev_PIC.gif
All series 1 European cars have this. Seatbelt indicator. Nothing to do with airbags. The unfastened tailgate warning is in the diagram on the dashboard, along with the doors.

Back