Iphone Holder for the Phev

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clarkey4x4

Hi,

I am still awaiting delivery of my Gx3h and have really enjoyed reading the forum daily to "Swat up" on the car. Just a quick question, what would owners say is the best Iphone holder that I could use in the Phev. I will be using my phone to access Waze as I will have no built in Sat Nav so ideally would like my phone to be at eye level! Any thoughts and suggestions much appreciated!

Ditto for Brodit.i have both styles of mount. Ie driver's side pillar for my Snooper and the one that clips onto the side of the centre display for my iPhone.

I initially got the holder to go on dash on far side of MMCS. This was a mistake, get the one which goes on the door pillar.

Auzoloto said:
I initially got the holder to go on dash on far side of MMCS. This was a mistake, get the one which goes on the door pillar.

Being in the market for an iPhone holder I was going to go for the one on the MMCS to keep the windshield clear, can I ask why this was a mistake?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00LT3HGV8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00 I am using this and its very sturdy and the grip is amazing. I am using a 6plus and it doesnt wiggle at all even on bumps. I had an air vent holder but that didnt fit the outlander's vents so I went for this option as i hate anything sticking to the windscreen or dashboard

Just installed a universal phone holder that works pretty nice on the PHEV and its right where it needs to be for visibility and hand access ;)

Price: 1 £ :D

phonephev.jpg

kaybie said:
Auzoloto said:

Being in the market for an iPhone holder I was going to go for the one on the MMCS to keep the windshield clear, can I ask why this was a mistake?

I have the MMCS side one from Brodit and it is great, not up in the way and on show, and well positioned to get the charging lead into the power socket.

I think it is excellent.

BeeJay said:
kaybie said:
Auzoloto said:

I have the MMCS side one from Brodit and it is great, not up in the way and on show, and well positioned to get the charging lead into the power socket.

I think it is excellent.

The mount is on the far side of the MMCS. I found that it was too far away and out of line of sight. The one on the door pillar is very close to line of sight, easily accessed and not a visual obstruction. There is no problem with the cable length either.

Back